By thisguy - 08/10/2013 09:55 - United States - Fountain Valley

Today, my boyfriend accused me of cheating because according to him, our child does not have his hair color, eye color, or other facial features. Our son is five days old, bald and hasn't opened his eyes much. The closest thing I can probably compare him to is an old, wrinkly potato. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 720
You deserved it 4 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You cheated on your boyfriend with a potato?

wantmeasandwich 26

Not just any potato. An old, wrinkly one. Shame! I hope you can talk your way out of this one, OP.

Comments

You cheated on your boyfriend with a potato?

wantmeasandwich 26

Not just any potato. An old, wrinkly one. Shame! I hope you can talk your way out of this one, OP.

Well that put some images in my mind @_@

even a potato is smarter than ur boyfriend!

Pancakes017 19
jw90 18

Will he barf mashed potatoes?

Goblin182 26

A banana I could understand. . .

But 125, you're only thinking of length! Think about girth! "I may not touch the bottom, but I'll stretch the sides!"

Poor Mrs. Potato Head, she must be devastated!

what dose OPmeans?can you tell me?thanks!sorry for my bad english!

Potatoes are quite awesome; is there anything they can't do? I don't blame her.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

Hey, congratulations! And don't worry, OP, I'm sure he'll realise his mistake.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

anyone else think guilty conscience?

My first thought. The psych term is projection. He's projecting his faults onto someone else.

I think a lot of babies are ugly when they are born. He will grow and become cute :)

ApparentlyNotEno 28

Precisely. He is either cheating, or he has in the past.

Did you name him Yukon Jr? Familial names are highly traditional.

Tell him to look up the fact that it takes a certain length of time for the baby's eyes to change to the color that they will be for the rest of its life.

Korra_fml 23

all babies eyes take a different amount of time to adjust to their color. some babies' eyes stay blue forever, like mine did. my older brother's eyes stayed blue up until the day after his 2nd birthday, when they turned green. one of the posters below said his/her baby's eyes changed from blue to brown at about 3 months. my own son's eyes changed from blue to brown in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Regardless, I highly doubt the eye color will get to its permanent color within five days after birth.

EmsyyyRose13 24

My eyes have been brown since birth.

My eyes were changing back and forth between blue and green until they finally stayed green

@117 Mine changed back and forth (blue to green as well) until I was about 10 years old.

WhisperSoflty 20

Shit, I must have been a late bloomer. My eyes didn't decide to be green/grey instead of blue until my freshman year of high school.

Brightbulb 39

At 23 my eyes are still shifting between blue and green every other week.

Korra_fml 23

your eyes can change (very slightly) depending on what you wear. even if u have blue eyes, they can appear slightly green if you wear green. and, yes some babies are born with dark eyes and dark hair, depending on ethnicity.

kyu_Q 19

sadly for OP some babies look like their Grand parents instead of their parents. Good luck convincing him when that happens. I don't know while natural selection has not kicked in and made people like OP'S boyfriend sterile

My brother looks more like my mother's parents than my father and mother. He has my grandpa's height, and my grandma's eye and hair color.

My eyes turned green when I was 11... there's no real marker.

Let me reword my point: It's ridiculous for the boyfriend to expect the baby to look exactly like him a few days after birth.

monnanon 13

not everyonen is born with blue eyes. my sister was born with brown and they have stayed that way. i have green eyes now but had blue then hazel for a long time. babies who are born with blue eys dont have blue in the sense that children and adults do. its a funny cobolt colour and to me looked similar to petrol with a kind of shiny multicoloured film. after a few days the true eye colour came through but my sons eyes have gradually lightened.

My eyes got confused, they stayed mostly blue but one turned brown but only in one patch :)

A former girlfriend of mine suffered from a form of schizophrenia (which was diagnosed when we were not together anymore) and often had terrible mood swings and even showed a completely changed behaviour and personality from one minute to the next. Which was really scary sometimes. But what was really freaking me out was the fact that more than once along with personality the color of her eyes changed, sometimes in minutes. Which really freaked me out.

It really depends on the light too. Sometimes, especially if I'm in the sun, my eyes will look bright blue and then in lighting that is not so bright they'll look dark blue, almost grey. It's impossible to determine what colour a baby's eyes will be when they're five days old. Mine were the typical newborn colour as a baby, navy blue.

You cheated on him with a wrinkly potato?! How could you do such a thing!

Got a champion of a boyfriend. He must have skipped high school biology.

I guess it's better than a cucumber baby...