By busmonster - 12/09/2015 00:32 - United States - Alexandria

Today, I told my nephew to be careful when crossing the street in front of a bus because it might eat him. We then watched as a bus slowed down and stopped in front of a group of people. When the bus moved away, all the people were gone. My nephew is terrified, and won't stop crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 145
You deserved it 22 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

randomguy76 14

YDI... There is no need to fool children into doing the things you want them to do. Tell them the truth and have them face reality. They will thank you for it in the future.

Comments

randomguy76 14

YDI... There is no need to fool children into doing the things you want them to do. Tell them the truth and have them face reality. They will thank you for it in the future.

Don't get into the van that gives free candy. He might stick his peepee in your butt.

As shown right here sometimes you may want to sugar coat the truth...

BeenIt 5

You are so right. I hate when people make up stories.

randomguy76 14

#35 Sugar coating is not necessary. Change what #32 wrote to " Don't get into strangers vans, they may be dangerous." White lies hurt our youth's understanding of the world.

One time, I got into a stranger's van when he offered me free sweets. Unfortunately for him, the sugar made me hyperactive and I ended up raping him.

Agreed. I understand joking with your kids a bit when they're old enough to figure something's up, but when it comes to actual life lessons about important and possibly dangerous issues, it's definitely better to go with the truth.

Massive difference between telling a kid not to talk to stranngers and, sau for example, OP's post, though. Do you let kids believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Those are white lies that perpetuate the ideal of everything deserving some kind of gift or reward for doing nothing at all...

Don't be a stick in the mud. Its hilarious. Its people like you who are probably offended by everything in 2015 too. From the confederate flag to guns. Lay off

chrisbeaudoin 26

Perfect name #2 eatorphansforfun

more like the bus on the wheels go "nom nom nom" XD

Maybe it's time to tell him the truth and show proof that busses don't eat people.

bigdfootball97 24

Why would you tell your nephew something like that? Just be honest!

UhHuhHoney 20

Well good luck sending the kid to school on a bus.

BeenIt 5

That was me with elevators when I was a kid. I called them "alligators".

I totally relate to this after seeing the incident in China

khoov19 20

parenting(or child rearing)at its finest...well done!!!!

TomeDr 24

What a stupid thing to tell him!

mariathehoe 15

That's why you don't tell kids things like that!