By college parking sucks - 30/09/2015 17:16 - United States - Deltona

Today, for the first time this semester, I was able to get parking in time for my Wednesday class. The professor was sick and class was cancelled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 456
You deserved it 2 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow I'm sorry man. I've been there before. My university is usually packed by the time I get there for my classes. I've had to park in the weirdest spots just to make it to class

When I was at college I usually got there half an hour to an hour early so I could troll for parking and then study or finish homework with the extra time.

Comments

Wow I'm sorry man. I've been there before. My university is usually packed by the time I get there for my classes. I've had to park in the weirdest spots just to make it to class

C's get degrees kiddo. you'll be fine.

Ok #23. Two things. 1. It's Ds get degrees. 2. That is a horrible way to go through college.

tantanpanda 26

Engineering major with a low gpa = no job.

Redgy22 26

My college wouldn't pass you without a C or better. But if Average or Below Average is all you strive to achieve, be sure to remember to ask, "You want fries whith that?"

Symantha23 25

Awe that sucks! Parking is always insane at school!!!!!

Just make the most of it, and try and do some work, seems a shame to waste a good parking space

That's some good hustle OP. Keep it up. If that happens again, take advantage of cancelled lecture and get some extra homework/studying in. . . Devils advocate: Schedule extra time for parking OP! (If you can)

When I was at college I usually got there half an hour to an hour early so I could troll for parking and then study or finish homework with the extra time.

I agree #6, on days I drove to class I would leave earlier too. "I couldn't find a park" won't really cut it once OP starts in the workforce. University teaches you skills beyond that of the classroom, like punctuality and time management.

Ha, thats nothing, i get to my college 2 hours early and still cant find parking. I have to park at the other campus and walk.

Parking is generally better in the workforce. I can always park at my job but never at university, and anyone I know with a job can always park with no problem.

class cancelled, at least something to be a bit happy about

I understand the feeling, at my college we have no parking, and 95% of the parking is for the residents who live in the surrounding areas - it's a nightmare

At my university no one who lives in halls is allowed a parking permit for the university car parks!

Ahhh that so sucks!! At least you have a free day now!

In my university everyone comes either by bike or by public transport, so parking is never a problem. Then again, I live in the Netherlands, and almost no student can afford a car...

bibliohullabaloo 2

In my university in the US, it's not that everyone can afford cars. It's that we don't have a choice. There isn't a reliable public transportation option and it would be over an hour bike ride for me to get to class (which isn't super realistic because we live on a mountain so winter would be miserable). Consequently, almost everyone drives and there's never any parking. I show up about 45 minutes early to be sure I have time to find parking.

I'm never sure if I'm better off travelling in by car or train to my uni because the trains can be so rubbish, I have to leave plenty of time to allow for delays anyway. I suppose the plus side is that since I am so tired in the mornings it's much less dangerous than driving.

Must have been why there was a spot open.