You wish!

By Anonymous - 22/04/2012 02:22 - United States

Today, on my first day of a new factory job, I discovered that my new boss had lied to me about my hours. I found this out when my coworkers burst out laughing when I mentioned having the weekends off, and talking about my recreational plans. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 806
You deserved it 2 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your boss already ****** you over, find a new job! He won't change.

Comments

The new person NEVER gets weekends off. Never. Even if you work for a business that closes the office on the weekends, the new guy is still stuck there.

if he said don't come in on weekends, don't go to work on weekends then.

You actually are lucky for even getting a job. But that does suck. They should tell you the truth.

hateevryone 14
McNerdyNerd 8

I'm pretty sure you all are missing the point...OP isn't expecting the weekends off for no reason! His manager probably sent him a schedule with the weekends off, thus OP thinking this. And this is freaking aweful..there's a reason schedules are made.

XxDancerGirlxX 17

I'm "part" time. My hours range from 40-60 each week, and I'm only a sever/cashier at a restaurant. Also, I come in early when the boss asks and stay late, work on my days I'm scheduled to be off...

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for the company/business to have you as "part-time" while making you work 40 hours (which is full time.) The reason they're trying to keep you labeled as part-time is in order to avoid giving you particular benefits that are required of them to give full-time employees. I would look into it, as you're seriously being screwed.

You own your time, not the factory. They buy you'd much time as you want to sell. It's a sellers market. If you don't want to work weekends then don't. It won't kill you.

Nemle22 4

You've clearly never worked in a factory.

purplepenquin 9

Sounds like you need a Union....and based on some of these other comments, sounds like you ain't the only one.

I like your picture. Your sexier then that car