Yeet the kid

By Anonymous - 29/06/2021 16:01

Today, my son no longer tries to sneak in and out of the house at inappropriate times. Now, he just brazenly walks out, ignoring me when I ask where he’s going, then walks back in at like 4 in the morning, and again ignores me because he’s still on his phone to someone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 451
You deserved it 1 026

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Michael Sawyer 11

YDI. if said child in under age then EVERYTHING he is doing is falling on YOU. Why are you not punishing said child for his actions. If said child is over 18 there is not much you can really do beyond making him move out as he is an adult.

And there's no consequences?? Is age a factor here or? I'm confused on why there hasn't been any behavior correction.

Comments

And there's no consequences?? Is age a factor here or? I'm confused on why there hasn't been any behavior correction.

Michael Sawyer 11

YDI. if said child in under age then EVERYTHING he is doing is falling on YOU. Why are you not punishing said child for his actions. If said child is over 18 there is not much you can really do beyond making him move out as he is an adult.

YDI. Regardless if he is an adult, you raised him to be that way. None of my kids would ever dare do that to me because I taught them better and they also know I will simply lock them out and set the alarm, forcing them to sleep on the enclosed porch for the night (or in their vehicles if I locked the porch door also, which I have never had to do) I have underage and adult kids living at home, they all know to at least text me when they will be home.

nammavic1 11

I wish a child of mine would have done this triflin ass shit...

It depends on the age of your son. If he is a minor then you should have learned that yelling at him is useless - There have to be consequences for breaking house rules. If son is an adult, his life is no longer under your control. While you can still insist on him following house rules when he’s there or moving out, you don’t control what he does outside the home.

bleachedraven 14
Warp1978 15

Cut off his phone (I'm assuming you pay for it) change the WiFi password or scrap it and get a large data plan. Double lock your phone so he can't access it. Keep your cards and cash on you or with someone you totally trust. Sit him down and set some HARD limits regading his behaviour. Or just let him go, he's a big boy now and can take care of himself.

phybreawptic 13

Why parent when you can complain about him on the internet?