Yeah, some "nice guy"…

By Anonymous - 19/02/2021 11:01 - United States - New Haven

Today, I tried to tell a girl that I had watched her Purdue boyfriend flirt around at every frat party. She thinks I'm lying and blocked me. Now all my friends are angry at me because he was a "nice guy" and she "didn't need to know." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 200
You deserved it 209

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Good. Let her dumb ass get hurt when she finds out the hard way eventually. Sounds like she deserves it the way she called you a liar and blocked you right off.

She thinks you're probably lying to get in her pants. (I'm thinking that, too.) There's no way that delivering news like that will work out well for you.

Comments

While you had good intentions, there are times when it’s better to let people find out the facts for themselves rather than being the bearer of bad news. If you were close friends with the girl, then it would not have been out of place to let her know about her “Romeo” boyfriend. It requires some subtlety and tact, but rather than just tell someone something that they don’t really want to know, you might could gently ask questions that could lead to her finding out the truth for herself. But if done clumsily, it has the same effect. That approach requires considerable skill and tactfulness. You might also want to ask yourself if your concerns about the girl’s boyfriend were entirely for her benefit or if you hoped to replace her boyfriend with yourself. Nobody likes it when the bearer of bad news is doing it for their own benefit.

She thinks you're probably lying to get in her pants. (I'm thinking that, too.) There's no way that delivering news like that will work out well for you.

peterblack67 9

Why are you sticking your nose into someone else's relationship? ydi

tounces7 27

Good. Let her dumb ass get hurt when she finds out the hard way eventually. Sounds like she deserves it the way she called you a liar and blocked you right off.

She probably knows it's true and doesn't want to believe it. Relationships are hard, often there are no good moves.

It's 2021. Film that shit. However, don't expect to be a hero who sweeps her off her feet.