By ktm1313 - 26/01/2016 21:38 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I donated blood for the first time. It wasn't until I passed out on the ice during hockey practice that I remembered the nurse warning me not to do any type of exercise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 808
You deserved it 19 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What did you expect? When you donate blood your body needs time to replenish it and you will be dehydrated until then.

At least you did something good first. Way to go OP. On a side note Hockey is life.

Comments

That sucks OP I've had my blood drawn before and it's not fun hope u feel better soon

OP's blood being drawn sucks? How? By possibly saving another's life?

#18 hes saying it sucks for passing out on the ice

Oyas12 14

IV's suck the life out of you. Pun intended, but the pinch, removal, and aftermath hurts and feels weird.

I'm sorry, OP. I hope you feel better soon!

At least you did something good first. Way to go OP. On a side note Hockey is life.

I have to agree with you bro. Hockey is life and doesn't rest. Way to go OP! Haha

colton_colton 49

It's a good gesture though and by the way, You should've remembered about the nurse's advice....its almost impossible to forget these vital Info's

I don't understand what you exactly mean to say but.... its very rude of you, if you compared blood donation to vampires.

Oh_bother44 11

#10, I regularly donate blood but whenever I see the Red Cross phone number on my caller ID I always say "oh look, it's the vampires again" mostly because if it's been longer between donations I start getting DAILY phone calls. It's just a joke.

10, my phlebotomist regularly refers to himself as a vampire. Its a huge joke in their circle.

What did you expect? When you donate blood your body needs time to replenish it and you will be dehydrated until then.

Way to donate op! But ya it's never a good idea to do something strenuous until you know how the donation will affect you. Rest up and get back out on the ice! Hope this incident doesn't hold you back from future blood donations.

nice...........faint......man the next time try not using yourself as a human hockey puck. it is not advised

might of worked better if you used the right feint

She used faint rather than feint because OP passed out. It's a pun.