Wow, thanks Gramps!

By lizard - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I met my boyfriend's grandparents for the first time. When my boyfriend introduced us, his grandfather smiled at me, took my hand, and said in the most polite voice, "Wow, you're not nearly as pretty as he described you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 462
You deserved it 3 015

Top comments

InnocentLies 0

Wait, what if he meant it as a compliment..? :p

I read that in kind of a, "You're prettier than he said" way.

Comments

RosiePatosie 0

Be happy he comes from an honest family? :S And at least he describes you as beautiful. After all, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Don't worry too much about it, OP. At least your boyfriend thinks you're beautiful and that's what matters, right? Do you seriously want his grandfather to be attracted to you?

KristinaKreme 0

Maybe he meant it in a good way. Like you're way more prettier than he described you. Wow people need to stop taking stuff so seriously. Besides he's an elderly, even if he meant it in a bad way- who cares! :]

Beauty is different in everyones eyes. Your boyfriends opinion is the one that matters :)

He probably got his words mixed up and didn't even realize it. He smiled and held your hand. He is still calling you pretty, even if he meant the words he said. He's a geezer, he probably can't help it.

hpfan777 0

At least you know your boyfriend thinks you're really pretty.

sounds much like a previous comment I the last week or two. smells fishy.

yer to me it sounds like he said ur better then what your bf said... if he smiled and held ur hand. unless he's just a smart ass old man lol.

rdkorud13 0
xmarkstheheart 0

THIS IS NOT AN FML!! Clearly--unless he was rubbing your hand and leering at you while suggestively raising his eyebrows--the grandfather just paid you a nice compliment! It is also a compliment which in no way suggests that your boyfriend downplayed your beauty. Does everything that people say to you have to have a negative hidden meaning? Instead of immediately running to the Internet to whine about a non-issue, just say, "why, thank you" to the grandfather and move on.