Wifey

By Melissa - 18/12/2022 03:00

Spicy
Today, the man I love and have lived with for over 5 years told me, “If you were the wifey type, I’d totally put a ring on it and make you mine forever.” So basically, all the cooking, cleaning, massages, and sex are all for nothing? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 801
You deserved it 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

so since you're doing all the wife activities without being wifey material have a seat and a glass of wine and let him take care of his own shit

Listen to what he said and take them seriously he told you his opinion, so if you want to get married, move on.

Comments

so since you're doing all the wife activities without being wifey material have a seat and a glass of wine and let him take care of his own shit

Listen to what he said and take them seriously he told you his opinion, so if you want to get married, move on.

Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? And the cow cooks and cleans?

like buying the whole pig just to get a little sausage

Wow, I can't imagine staying with someone I'm not serious about 5 years. What kind of deal breaker are we talking?

did you ask him what exactly is wifey material to him? btw,a statement like that sounds like he doesn't respect you. I would be making plans to get out. good luck hun.

Does he know that you want to be married? Perhaps he could be talking about your intentions rather than your qualifications. Maybe his tune might change if you told him that you are, in fact, the wifey type, and that you were hoping he was the husbandy type. He clearly recognizes value in having you around, and the subject of marriage is on his mind. But before you do that I suggest you ask yourself: Does your relationship really mean nothing without marriage? If it feels worthless without that extra bit of legal status, then it will be just as worthless and more difficult to escape from once you have it.

Well, I hope you're packing your things and leaving. He has told you straight out he will never marry you. Basically called you a POS. LISTEN TO HIM! Your love or anything that you do will change him. Go find yourself someone who treats you the way you should be treated.

Sonotsuave 35

Listen, and listen good. Even if he’s treated you well, acted like boyfriend/husband material, made you happy for 5 years, etc. get out and get out now. He just spoke his true colors & where he stands. He said you’re not “wifey material,” which is frankly insulting if you’ve been like a wife to him. This guy’s never going to get all the way committed to you, and even if he does, why would you want to be disrespected like that in how he views you and wait around? Heck to the no. Go live your best life & let him realize what he lost, & soon enough you’ll find someone proud to settle down with you, be committed all the way, and make it official!