Whoops

By Anonymous - 28/09/2010 00:44 - United States

Today, I attempted to be nice and hold a door open for a person in a wheelchair. He hit the button to open another door. While I pointed out that I would hold the door for him, I realized that the door I was holding open for him led down some stairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 748
You deserved it 36 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

it was still a nice thought :) kinda don't see how it's a fml though, maybe the guy in the wheelchair should make a fml saying, "today, someone tried holding a door open for me seeing that I am in a wheelchair. I then noticed the stairs and quickly realized it wasn't a nice gesture at all when they just wanted to watch me fall down the stairs."

Comments

I don't think he would mind a broken leg too much since he's already in a wheelchair...

wtf? I'm in a wheelchair and I would very much NOT like to break my leg!!

If he was paralyzed from the waste down, he wouldn't mind.

If you just explained then you wouldn't have an fml. If you did and he was still mad at you fyl for meeting a jerk.

shasta32 0

im all for jokes and everything... but thats just ****** embarrassing.....

this is both an fyl and a ydi ydi for not paying attention fyl for trying to be nice and failing.

BluPenguin 3

Today, while in my wheelchair, someone held a door for me that led to a flight of stairs. FML

denvan 0
LilToosh 0

hahah such an observor you are :)

It would've been even more polite if you offered to wheel him through the door. YDI for being rude.

If I was in a wheelchair I definitely don't want strangers pushing me around in it. What if he hadn't noticed the stairs and then went and pushed the guy down the stairs... That would have been awkward... (On a side note the button that says "Spill the beans" amused me in light of pushing someone down stairs.)

sappy0 5

At least you were trying to assist the guy, which could've been pretty nasty had he obliged.. but that's more than most will do nowadays! He still should've thanked you at least for the nice gesture.

hahahaha think of this same post but if the guy had fell down the stairs lol