Which toppings?

By neverhealthy - 01/10/2019 02:01

Today, I read that food cravings are only supposed to last a couple of minutes. I have been craving and dreaming about pizza for a month straight, and the urge is only getting stronger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 273
You deserved it 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why don't you give in to your craving? As long as you don't eat it too often, it can be part of a healthy lifestyle. By denying yourself everything, it'll be hard not to let yourself go eventually. Get one slice and don't gobble down a whole pizza, just enjoy every bite you take.

lyttle1568 8

Comments

Why don't you give in to your craving? As long as you don't eat it too often, it can be part of a healthy lifestyle. By denying yourself everything, it'll be hard not to let yourself go eventually. Get one slice and don't gobble down a whole pizza, just enjoy every bite you take.

lyttle1568 8
Sonotsuave 35

I mean unless your appetite is out of control or something I would just have a slice in moderation or make a healthy homemade vegan version.

Food cravings can also be a sign that you're lacking certain vitamins/nutrients.

"An imbalance of hormones, such as leptin and serotonin, can also cause food cravings." To combat food cravings, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, consume enough lean protein, chew gum, avoid hunger, and control your food portions (mine are always TOO big :-( Good luck, OP! :-)

For crying out loud order or bake a freaking pizza...

I sympathize with this. If I'm ever consciously trying to eat healthier, pizza is top of the list of the most unrelenting food cravings, and it doesn't go away until I give in. Yes it's okay to have a slice or two now and again as part of a healthy diet, but I'm one of those that can't stop at a slice or two....it's just a tease and amps the cravings up higher. For myself, instead of trying to deny myself the foods I love, I try my best to fill up on fruits and veggies before I dig in to the main course. At least then I'm slightly more balanced.