What were the chances?

By emilyparra1 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Riverview

Today, I had a job interview for a job I've been dying to have. As I walked into the office, the manager said, "Aren't you my son's ex, the one he cheated on?" All I could do was sit there quietly as he laughed at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 870
You deserved it 2 561

Top comments

trellz17 19

Wow, that's so rude and unprofessional. Find somewhere else to work OP.

OP: "Yes and I am and I think you need to make up for your son's mis-doing by hiring me at a larger salary than advertised. I'm sure everyone here would like to find out what a low-life your son turned out to be. Let me know when I start."

Comments

dwyoung 6

just laugh it off, the job is more important

Or cry. If the man has any emotions at all he'll feel bad, which would probably increase your chances at getting the job.

justonecomment 2

Well, were you the girl he cheated on?

I don't think it would be an FML if she wasn't...

Should've flashed him a smile and said "Oh- is that what he told you? Haha okay." And yeah, risk not being selected for the job. If he's honestly behaving like that, you don't want to work under him. Life's too short to work under immature assholes.

kriz_allizwell 6
justonecomment 2

Today, I had an interview where the interviewer thought I was somebody else and continued to laugh making it an extremely awkward interview. I don't think I'm getting the job. FML

I would cry then say I can't believe he did that or you said that make him feel bad and then boom I got a job or storm out I don't want a job that makes me feel useless

boxbrandon11 20

That sucks OP :/ Maybe start looking again?

UncleMuscles 5

Or maybe go with plan B: activate your powers and go ape shit.

trellz17 19

Wow, that's so rude and unprofessional. Find somewhere else to work OP.

If its a job OP really wants its just a little thing. I think a job you like is more important then that.

trellz17 19

I don't think I'd want a job where the manager would constantly make jokes and laugh about my past. It's embarrassing and uncalled for.

brittanyrmh_ 12

The "dream job" could turn into the shittiest job of life if the manager is a complete ass hat

I would not be working there OP! Getting jerked around like that. If his dad is an ass then you know why he's your EX boyfriend. The apple doens't fall far from the tree.

It looks like you're going to have a delightful load of shit to put up with if you get said job. Time to start dishing the dirt out about his son. Maybe insult his wife while you're at it. Job aborted.

Redoxx_fml 22

"Aren't you my son's ex, the one he cheated on?" "Aren't you his dad, the one whose wife took one in every hole at once?"

34- better still, to reference an old FML : "didn't your wife admit to sleeping with six men af once in college?"

Actually, I now realize that's probably what 34 was trying to reference. Whoops.

OP: "Yes and I am and I think you need to make up for your son's mis-doing by hiring me at a larger salary than advertised. I'm sure everyone here would like to find out what a low-life your son turned out to be. Let me know when I start."

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

If OP said that then they wouldn't be hired.

xxlfatty08 4

That is so unprofessional you should report it to his superior. I'm sure they would just love to know that one of their managers is a low-life asshole. Sounds like the son picked up a lot of his qualities from his dad...

Doesn't sound like a good guy to work for to be honest..