What about king-size chocolate bars?

By marie - 14/08/2022 20:00 - United States - Denver

Today, I took away my daughter’s candy bar, saying, “Princesses never eat sweets.” She spent the next few hours crying, because she “didn’t want to be a princess anymore." FML
I agree, your life sucks 166
You deserved it 2 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And a phrase like that definitely won't create a bad relationships with food later in her life.

Haha, wow, gross. Why don't princesses eat candy, to you? Food is food. There is no "good food" and "bad food" , no "healthy food" and "unhealthy food". There are just foods that bodies can or cannot digest depending on the person. Teach your child moderation and to care for their body, not to fear certain types of foods because YOU were raised to think they are bad. Please do research into the newest studies on child rearing and eating disorders.

Comments

And you thought taking candy from your kid was a good idea because..,uh, why? That was not sound judgment. My suggestion: start looking for a good therapist for your kid because she’s going to need one.

Poor child. Horrible attitude from a parent. Way to go to cause food and body image issues. There is no good or bad food. There is no special occasions food. Food is bought to be eaten not for decorations. I'm so sick of people labelling foods, instead of teaching moderation. There is nothing bad eating sweets, cakes, burgers, chips. Its bad overindulge, over eat. This can cost you a healthy relationship with your own child when she grows up. Hopefully she won't grow up thinking she is bad for having a slice of cake or candy bar, and make herself sick or punish herself with limiting food next day/s.

slhiggx 17

I hope you had a talk with your child to explain that you were wrong in saying what you said. I’m sure you meant well.

That was an absolute shit move and a poor excuse to take candy away. Everyone deserves the occasional sweet treat and now you've ruined the princess thing for her

The next "few hours"? My god, just give her the candy bar and stop being a dick about it.

Nikki 16

I never understand why people post things like this on here, do you get off on people telling you you’re a terrible parent? Or did you seriously expect people to sympathize with you?

Now this story is more like old-school FML than I've seen in a long time. I miss the olden days where every story got dozens of comments and there was a lot of back-and-forth amongst the commenters and sometimes even the OP.