Vibe check

By justanidiot - 20/09/2020 22:01 - United States - Macon

Today, I've been getting weird vibes from my boyfriend of over a year and half, so I made a fake Tinder account. Guess who my first match was? My now ex-boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 390
You deserved it 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

While I agree, a match means that he’s actively using it. It means he saw the new, fake profile and swiped right.

Many would consider having an online dating profile a form of cheating

Comments

Mathalamus 24

Just because he has tinder doesn’t mean he is actually cheating on you.

Many would consider having an online dating profile a form of cheating

He's there to find new friends, right?

Mathalamus 24

A dating profile in itself isn’t enough evidence.

While I agree, a match means that he’s actively using it. It means he saw the new, fake profile and swiped right.

Yup. profile on its own isn't Great but not worse case. An actual match means he is actively using it and That is bad.

Shouldn't it be the opposite? If he was the first match, doesn't that mean The Algorithm says you are perfect together? Who are you to think you're smarter than The Algorithm?

xxlk4xx 6

I dealt with that crap from my ex husband as well! you're so much better off, but I'm sorry youre dealing with this.

That reminds me of an old song - “Escape” (the Pina Colada song). Depends on the circumstances, were you looking to catch your boyfriend being unfaithful or were you looking for new options yourself? If you were looking for new dating options and happened to get paired with your (now Ex) boyfriend then it’s the song I mentioned. If you were purely looking to catch your (now Ex) boyfriend being unfaithful, then maybe you found what you were looking for or maybe he was looking to see if his options were more interesting than being with you? Either way it’s a sign that there are relationship troubles. In a way I sympathize with both of you. I hope your next relationship is a more fulfilling one.

I don't know why that song had a happy ending. They were both attempting to cheat on each other! It's pretty stupid, but I do like piña coladas, so I just forget about the dumb ending.