Unwanted

By Anonymous - 28/04/2021 00:30

Today, I found out my mom had been telling everyone how independent I was and just wanted to be left alone. I was homeless when I graduated valedictorian from high school and wondering why no one would let me stay with them, even when it was snowing. Now I know. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 528
You deserved it 83

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yummi_913 18

When you have a toxic family the story is guaranteed to be too long to fit in an fml. There's obviously more to it and you'd be a dick to just assume/imply that OP, a homeless CHILD, is at fault just because they haven't written you the whole novel.

That's ****** up. Since your mom set those standards for you indirectly and double crossed you by making poverty inevitable, you should grant yourself peace by cutting her off forever! I believe that a person chooses their family, not genes and bloodline relations. Grant yourself redemption by choosing your own family like best friends and a partner. Treat yourself and farewell out there.

Comments

anyone else feel like OP isn't telling the full story?

Yummi_913 18

When you have a toxic family the story is guaranteed to be too long to fit in an fml. There's obviously more to it and you'd be a dick to just assume/imply that OP, a homeless CHILD, is at fault just because they haven't written you the whole novel.

raised by a narcissist. still say there's no way NO ONE questioned op as to what the mother said about them.

Yeah....'Cause this doesn't really make sense. why would he be homeless out of high school and not living with the mom. And if mom.knew they were homeless, then why would she say that stuff. And if he was actively asking friends yo let him stay with them, then why would they believe what the mom was saying? It doesn't add up.

Lydmyers 9

I don't think it matters. its a shit thing to do to your own kid, regardless.

ya because why would the family believe the mothers story over OP literally telling them she wants to move in... also if she told them she was homeless it wouldn't be about "independence" anymore it would be about getting your relative out of the cold snowy winter night

Absolutely. My mother pulled a similar thing on me. Not quite as drastic, but she essentially told people I was lying and didn't need help. It's been about 10 years, and they've finally realized what happened, but I'm very glad I got away from her. I'm so proud of you, OP. I can't imagine how you kept your grades up with so much stress and abuse in your life. Good luck with everything!

That's ****** up. Since your mom set those standards for you indirectly and double crossed you by making poverty inevitable, you should grant yourself peace by cutting her off forever! I believe that a person chooses their family, not genes and bloodline relations. Grant yourself redemption by choosing your own family like best friends and a partner. Treat yourself and farewell out there.

bleachedraven 14

Love this comment...choose your family.

Cut her off why weren't you living with her?

Lydmyers 9

What a cuntish thing to do to your own child. I hope she rots in hell.

As a 33 year old living with my parents I don't know how you were homeless and graduated high school. Best wishes for your well being.