Too good

By hard work doesn't work - 13/03/2015 06:21 - United States - Irving

Today, I found out that the reason I didn't get the job that I have been working my butt off for over a year for is because they can't find anybody who can do my current job as good as me. I'm too good to be promoted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 412
You deserved it 3 020

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't you offer to train the chosen candidate for a number of weeks?

Steve95401 49

There's no reason you can't be promoted while continuing to do some aspects of your present job. The rest of your current workload could be split among other staff members until a new employee can be brought on board.

Comments

Are you my dad ? This exact situation happened to him very recently .

I would give them a months notice. Either way they need to fill your current position but if you quit they lose your valuable work ethic.

I'd ask for a pay bump then. they just admitted you're invaluable.

Sounds like my boss..always telling people "how much I love doing my current job" all the while dumping half of his workload on me...I'm not a secretary, I shouldn't be alphabetizing & filing HIS paperwork yet he could easily fire me if I don't.

If you're that valuable try asking for a pay raise.

That is poor management. Most manager don't realize if you're promoted someone else will step up to fill the void.

Employers pull this BS all the time. Put out some resumes for external jobs to find one that believes in promoting from within.

If you don't train anyone to do your job, you don't get promoted. Learn to delegate.