Too good

By hard work doesn't work - 13/03/2015 06:21 - United States - Irving

Today, I found out that the reason I didn't get the job that I have been working my butt off for over a year for is because they can't find anybody who can do my current job as good as me. I'm too good to be promoted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 412
You deserved it 3 020

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't you offer to train the chosen candidate for a number of weeks?

Steve95401 49

There's no reason you can't be promoted while continuing to do some aspects of your present job. The rest of your current workload could be split among other staff members until a new employee can be brought on board.

Comments

ask for a raise then. If you that good, they should pay to keep you or go to a competitor.

Dear OP, I made an extra FML-account to comment what happened to you :-), because this happenened to me years ago, as I was working in advertising (guess you make some agency job?). So please, PLEASE change your job. Do not let them make profit out of you. I had an assistant job, which I did very well, especially because I speak several languages which were very useful for the customers. I wanted to advance, so I made late-evening shifts to learn news skills on the job (for free) and never got a promotion because the customers menaced to change agency if I they had to deal with a new dumbass. Just hire for a new job where your skills are appreciated and do not believe ANYTHING your present employer will tell you. He did not promote you? So he does not deserve you, basta.

jyoung0195 3

start slacking, maybe that will work

Can you at least get a raise? Like geeze.

Don't take this as a bad thing, take it as a compliment. If they promote you, then the rank in the job you had would be empty and no one is good enough for it. Just hope they will find someone pretty good for the job!

I am in same situation as you are..sometimes you are your own obstacle...its so true...

That isn't unusual. It's happened to me and other people I know. The only way to get promoted in that situation is to find another job and put in your notice. If you're really that valuable, they'll either promote you or offer you a nice raise. And if not, enjoy the new job!

dont give up! keep up the good work