By jimmyironic - 13/12/2016 04:16 - United States - Lorain

Today, while working for my grandma to clean her gutters, my gloves ripped to such a point that they became useless. There was more raccoon shit than leaves in the gutters and I had to clean it all with my bare hands. I'm talking 5 buckets worth of it. To top it off, the high today was a balmy 35° Fahrenheit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 994
You deserved it 955

jimmyironic tells us more.

for everyone telling me I should have grabbed a new set of gloves, believe me, I tried. I searched the entire house and asked my brother for gloves too. there were no others. I also had a date in 3 hours with my girlfriend and needed to get this done and get showered before it was time to leave. i didn't have money to run to the store to buy new gloves. And grandma wasn't home to loan me the money. Nor would she be home until about 30 minutes before I had to leave. So I just had to suck it up and clean them then. I also live pretty far from my grandma's house and wouldn't be able to see her again until Christmas. so this was my last chance to clean them before they were frozen solid.

Top comments

The real question is; when was the last time somebody cleaned the gutters? That's disgusting.

Comments

You should not have kept going without gloves! :o

Thats a crappy job but someone has to do it.

Way to be an awesome grandson!! Your Grandma is lucky to have a grand kid like you!

I'm in ohio as well and feel ur pain when it comes to the weather. But I'm sorry! At least you were helpful (:

Juls464 10

I'm sure your grandma appreciated it

okay, date in three hours, no time or money for gloves.... but I bet Grandma had a stash of plastic grocery bags.... your hand in a few layers of those is better than nothing.

... you know... that sounds too much like common sense for my comfort. lol. But seriously, good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Look for the silver lining, at least it wasn't hot out at 35 degrees F without gloves.

the amazing irony about this was, I was at grandma's house today and yesterday. today it was 60°F out and she finally had good dishwashing gloves for me to clean the gutters with in spring. I could have waited until today to clean them and it would have been sooo much more pleasant.