By oaksac191 - 26/10/2010 16:50 - United States

Today, while working at a hospital, I told a patient to smile for the camera when taking an xray. His response was, "I have Bell's Palsy and haven't smiled in 5 years." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 431
You deserved it 7 766

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Dudeitscaleb 0

I once had bells palsy didn't last 5 years but it still sucked ass....

My mum has bell's palsy. It's awful watching her suffer :/ One side of your face is paralysed. One of her eyes is permently open - she has to tape it shut to sleep. And she can't smile either. It's not curable. No one knows exactly what causes it - it's suspected that the cold sore virus triggers the swelling of the facial nerves which therefore causes bell's palsy. But its not curable. It comes and goes randomly. You could had it for a few hours, a day, months or years. It could disppear for ever, or return weeks later. I'm accepting of people's opinions, but please be respectful. You have no reason to be nasty about it. Seriously. Get a grip.

To whom is this remark addressed? No one that commented before you made any disparaging remarks about the patient or his/her condition.

j1114 2

my husband has it and it's been 2 yrs...it's not the worst but it does suck...he just deals with it

You should have read the chart and if you smile for an X-ray the teeth may show

iamchuck 0

The teeth show on an x-ray whether you smile or not (if that's the part being x-rayed). Have you ever actually seen an x-ray, or even know what it is?

No and they don't show I have t.b. so yeah I have been Xrayed and I know what happens and I also interned at children medical hospital so suck it.

Anaxes 5

Teeth don't show on X-rays? Are you stupid? Oh, you interned at children's hospital, that makes you an authority on everything. Forgive me for thinking that X-rays will not show teeth when covered by the flesh of your lip, despite the fact that the entire point of X-rays is to see bones through flesh. When your stupidity is pointed out, at least make up decent lies rather than utter crap.

Anaxes 5

Or perhaps you could explain to us unenlightened people how X-rays work then. Go on, this will be funny.

iamchuck 0

Hmmm, I've never smiled while getting my teeth x-rayed. They still seem to magically appear in the x-ray.

vbrandon55 3

My dad has bells palsy he's had it for little less than a years he's startin 2 show signs of gettin better like he can move his cheek muscle a little but anyways that happened 2 me I was whistling and I said wow that was loud he said I can't whistle now I felt so bad don't even like 2 whistle around him now but he's cool about it he jokes about it now I hope it gets better though :)

that's not your fault you were trying to be nice.

sophiamichelle 0

aw, poor guy :/ but it was an honest mistake, I'm sure he knew you didnt know.

@mzkitty83 I know What you mean im still fighting it.its not fun at all...@barmyblonde I know What your mom is going thru have any questions let me know

I've had bells palsy all my life cauz I got it hereditarily from my mom. I smile all the time! it doesn't suck

RedPillSucks 31