By Anonymous - 17/02/2010 16:32 - Canada

Today, while serving a rather large party at the restaurant where I work, I mentioned that the soup of the day was "to die for". After the hosts gave me weird looks, it dawned on me that the reason they were wearing all black is because they've just come back from a funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 887
You deserved it 11 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#71: Reminded them? Yeah, I'm sure they had forgotten all about their loved one at that point. I know right after a funeral, I'm always all, "Grandma who? Fuckit, let's go eat."

you should have said you had killer steaks and a deadly ice cream sundae!

Comments

this isn't an fml… if the soup is delicious you say "it's to die for" it's an expression. and next time pick up on when ppl are wearing all black they came from somewhere sad.

Ouch, hope you didn't make anyone cry, that will ruin your chances of a good tip!

eh, i dont think this is that big of a deal. After my grandmothers funeral (a big crying fest) we went out to her favorite restaurant. It was spent talking about all the funny stories she had and the great memories. If someone said a soup was "to die for" we would not have been upset. And we were in all black so they knew it was a funeral.

RachelTM 0
QueenOfStars 0
FUDGELOVESME 0

it's ok anyone esp. me could make that kind if mistake

saranottelling 7

I'm pretty sure they didn't pay attention and wouldn't care if they did. It took you awhile to know they came from a funeral so they weren't all crying over their loss. Maybe they knew the death was coming or the deceased person was old. If they didn't seem offended, it's nothing to be ashamed of.