By Kallian - 16/01/2013 23:22 - United States

Today, while moving into my new place, I saw my new, elderly neighbor sitting on her porch. I cheerfully greeted her with, "Hello, how are you?" She simply rocked slowly in her chair and replied, "Just waiting to die." She was the most cheerful person I met all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 097
You deserved it 2 674

Kallian_fml tells us more.

Kallian_fml 21

I don't think it's getting any better... And I can't believe I forgot to sign into my account when I submitted this.

Top comments

Well there is a certain euphoria that comes woth acceptance

Lbeck 7

Go back tomorrow and talk to her, cheer her up and ask her about her life. It's always interesting to listen to elderly people talk about how the world used to be.

Comments

Well there is a certain euphoria that comes woth acceptance

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I didn't realize it was a dick move for somebody to correct themselves #15. Maybe I'm out of the loop.

did you just bitch at 1 for correcting his own spelling? *starts chainsaw*

btstig 11

Calm your ****. He was correcting himself genie ass

Yes... Yes I did. *face palm*.. on the new app I don't notice the usernames as much. Sorry!

Thank you! Unlike OP's neighbor I'm not waiting to die.

It's okay Roevera, good to know someone has my back when the nazis come. Besides I think this is the longest thread I've had on one of my comments, so thanks!

Authoress14 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

"Roevera... *points to #33*... Attack!!!"

*catches chainsaw* c'mon guys death is too harsh a nice beating will suffice;)

Last dying words: don't kill grammar Jews..

Although it'll be good to know what she still enjoys & make her happier about her present. Else like in a movie that Dwayne Johnson starred in, she could actually be an undercover look-out sitting on that porch there! :D

Kallian_fml 21

Well, I can still hear screaming in the apartment next door...

fleeper 13

This is the first time I've ever seen an Author reply. :/

I feel more sorry for your neighbor than you. That's so sad. :(

Aren't we all though? OP should now make a point to live her life to the fullest.

It's hasn't even been a day man. I'm sure you'll make some great friends in a few months.

"It will come sooner than you expect with that attitude...*wink*" and walk away. That's how you responded right?

Lbeck 7

Go back tomorrow and talk to her, cheer her up and ask her about her life. It's always interesting to listen to elderly people talk about how the world used to be.

So ficken true, if only I could talk to my grandparents. Sadly they only speak Spanish.

tj5810 21

Sounds like you need to liven up your environment. Surround yourself with positive people and it will change your life.

Bitch why is it that everytime I see one of your comments you giving some advice nobody asking for that shit

Kallian_fml 21

I don't think it's getting any better... And I can't believe I forgot to sign into my account when I submitted this.

Is there any other people around not waiting to die?

Epikouros 31

Don't worry, we recognize you anyway. You're the babysitter! :)

No no 49, she's the preschool teacher that was walking around the club with red & green shots saying "red and green, merry Kwanzaa!" but had no recollection of doing so, save for a video her friend took. (if I remember correctly) Oh wait you're trolling... damn should've noticed.

Kallian_fml 21

Omg! I'm remembered! Also, it looks like I did sign in, it just didn't show up in the app at first.

Just ask her if she needs any help, you're right next door.