By houdinette - 22/11/2013 23:14 - Sweden - Norrk?ping

Today, while driving home, I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw that my three-year-old daughter had managed to get out of her seat and had crawled to the back window. I pulled over and strapped her in again. Five minutes later she was back at the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 209
You deserved it 5 960

Same thing different taste

Comments

You need to tighten the straps on her child seat. She shouldn't have enough leeway to wiggle out.

I'd just tempt her with candy, everyone loves candy

As a car seat tech if she could escape there's a 99% chance her car seat straps were not tight enough and or the chest clip was not at the arm pits. It is very hard for a child to escape a correctly installed seat.

My godmother was one too... four children later she learned it's not nearly as hard as you'd think even properly installed and buckled. Although I would place money on the parents not knowing how to buckle their children in.

Unless they know how to press the buttons.

the kid would have to be quite strong to press the button to unbuckle it, they have to be pushed hard to get open, which is the point.

Jordan_OL 10

You sound like a good parent! She sounds crafty, keep an eye on her and remember - the strictest parents yield the sneakiest children!

MaggieLeigh 5

Sounds like me. According to my parents, I was an escape artist when it came to my car seat.

At least you knew, my daughter would just unbuckle but stay in her seat. Yes we had it checked by a police. She was also scared straight by the police and at 13 will say "stop, I'm not buckled" if I start to back up.

This is when you pull over take her out of the car, give her a quick whack on the bum, and put het back in her seat and tell her firmly to stay in her seat. If she doesn't get it after that I'd try duct tape (around the clasps of course, not on your child. If you discipline her better it should stop.

Or how about we stop thinking it's okay to hit our kids. Most 3 year olds cannot undo a properly fastened 5 point harness.

That most can't doesn't mean that all can't. I've met several children who can undue the seatbelt to their car seat including my 2 year old niece. She has to be watched constantly or she'll undue the buckle. She doesn't move out of the seat but she giggles and unclasps herself. This is an issue where the biggest key to solving it is most likely discipline because while small children are stupid, they aren't quite as stupid as some of y'all seem to think.

85, There's a difference between hitting and smacking. Smacking is with an open palm, not hard or heavy handed. Hitting is with a closed fist, with force.

Yes 85, I'm advocating the brutal beating of small children. That is precisely what I was talking about. How about, no? One, just one, swift and small smack on a child's butt will not harm them. It will however shock them into realizing there are consequences for their idiotic behaviour. Children need to learn to obey their parents for safety concerns just like these. There's a huge difference between smacking a bum and hitting someone. Get off your high horse.

brake heavily once. once she gets out from under the front passenger seat, she'll stay strapped in.