By Merith2004 - 04/02/2014 05:18 - United States - Spring Branch

Today, while at a funeral for a distant family member, I was giving my condolences to the family. When one of them asked how I was doing, I replied with, "I'm still alive!", which is one of my standard responses due to being a cashier and being asked that question a hundred times a day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 888
You deserved it 12 694

Merith2004 tells us more.

hey everyone. thanks for being understanding for the most part. this was just one of the "I wasnt thinking" kind of things. dont worry though: I got several slaps on the back of then head from cousins who were in earshot.

Top comments

MxAxRxCxO 30

Poor choice of words under the circumstances, although you meant no harm

StompinOnCrayons 15

Well, at least you are alive !

Comments

I'm not sure if your life sucks because of what you said, or if your life sucks because you're a cashier... But either way, I feel bad for you.

Oh that's awkward.. Did you apologize for the reply and try to explain to them why you said that? Or maybe that would make it more awkward..

If those Southwest wanna get away commercials were still a thing, this would make a perfect one.

Well old phrases die hard...if they know what you do they might understand...

NodakN8V 25
JMichael 25

I can sympathize with you OP. Sometimes you say something so many times in one day that it almost becomes second nature and you really don't think about it when you say it.

Oh that sucks. I'm sure you didn't mean to say that on purpose, OP. What did they say after that?

perdix 29

"At least I'm on the right side of the grass." That's a cuter way to say your douchey reply. When people are just being polite, just give the standard "Fine" or "Good, and you?" Your shitty answer is kind of a slap in the face. You need to know this shit if you ever want to make Head Cashier.

OP almost died of embarrassment. Oh well.