By fuckingcool - 18/08/2016 21:19 - United States - Farmington

Today, while at a baseball game, I was telling my friends about my underaged drinking experience at my sister's bachelorette party. It wasn't until I was done telling the story that I realized the Dean of my college was right behind us, looking right at me. So much for a good first impression. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 426
You deserved it 10 372

fuckingcool tells us more.

I never claimed that I was "cool" for drinking and I wasn't bragging only telling my friends about a fun experience I had celebrating my sisters engagement. I had gotten into a 21 and up club and I only brought it up because they had been sharing similar experiences that they had. Hop off your high horse and don't shame me for drinking underaged when people in Europe start drinking by age 16 the latest, I was 18. I didn't drive, I didn't get sloppy or make out with any strangers. I just had a fun night of dancing and some drinks with my sisters and her friends. Arrest me!

Top comments

And then, after glancing over your shoulder, you started in on your next story—a real whopper—about how an official at your high school once threatened to report you for a similar story, and they were never heard from again. Then you talked about all the interesting body-dissolving properties of hydrochloric acid and how much you'd like to get some to use "again" but you pretend to catch yourself and say, "not 'again'. I meant… in general. Ha."

Sorry that happened OP that is for sure bad luck, however unless you go to a small college maybe they won't remember the incident in a few weeks time. Good luck OP!

Comments

AviKerensky 17

If he gives you any shit, ask him if he ever did anything stupid when he was young. Odds are he did.

Yeah, it's like they say: "Two wrongs make a right." Wait…

Rawrshi 25

That would more than likely backfire horribly since OP is then calling the Dean out and making an attack on their character. After already making a bad impression, that doesn't seem like the best way to recover.

Yeah 1, next time you watch a YouTube video of a redneck doing something funny or a girl taking a gun to the face because of recoil, remember that you're not allowed to laugh because you've most likely done stupid stuff too.

If he really heard everything I'd bet he shrugged it off. It was her sisters Bachelorette party not a frat party. I got the sense that this was a first experience with excesses of alcohol from the post, so maybe he did too and chalked it up to a right of passage thing. It's not like he heard her say she smoked Crack all night and gang banged the groom's men. If you conduct yourself like a decent human being, he will forget all about it.

Sorry that happened OP that is for sure bad luck, however unless you go to a small college maybe they won't remember the incident in a few weeks time. Good luck OP!

That's what I was thinking. The university I went to has 60,000 students, never saw my dean and honestly I never even learned his name. Same with the dean of the college id engineering at my university, still a big enough program I never met the guy until he handed me my diploma cover at graduation.

I don't quite see how it is bad luck at all, now if the dean was sitting around the corner out of site that may be bad luck but all the same OP's fault. She was oblivious at a school baseball game I assume so to tell stories you don't want faculty or people knowing without looking around is just asking for it. I do agree that it depends on how big her college is but about him forgetting it depends how inappropriate the story is, it was a Bachelorette party (:

I go to community college and thats still 30,000 students and I have no clue the name of the dean or anybody in charge

my issue with your conclusion #15 is the fact it isn't stated that it was a college game. It could be coincidence they bought tickets near one another not knowing at a Major League game or a minor league game

And then, after glancing over your shoulder, you started in on your next story—a real whopper—about how an official at your high school once threatened to report you for a similar story, and they were never heard from again. Then you talked about all the interesting body-dissolving properties of hydrochloric acid and how much you'd like to get some to use "again" but you pretend to catch yourself and say, "not 'again'. I meant… in general. Ha."

well as far as I understand it, if you're underage, you're only prohibited from purchasing alcohol, not drinking it (although not in public places I imagine)

I think you have that confused with cigarettes, kiddo. Not to mention both are pretty ******' dumb so I doubt that'd make a good impression on anybody.

Umm....no. That may be the case in other countries but in the US if you are underage you are prohibited from drinking until 21. Doesn't matter if you are in public or in private.

Not 100% true #16. In Montana if you're on private property and given a drink by a parent or guardian it's fine for you to drink it. They just can't give you enough to make you intoxicated and they become legally responsible for anything you do. It's a federal law you can't drink under 21, but states can have varying rules affecting it.

#16, I was allowed to drink in restaurants as long as my mom ordered it and served it to me. Legally, I couldn't be served, but if my mom was to provide it and monitor me it was fine.

In my state it's illegal to drink at all under 21 unless it's a church thing. You can't buy cigarettes, lighters, matches (from the gas station down the road anyway), blunt wraps unless you're 18. If you're underage, you won't get in trouble for using tobacco like you would booze. But they can confiscate them and run the bar code. if the store scanned the ID of the person who sold to you, they get a fine.

And unless this is your dean's first year in his job, he's heard/seen it all before and prolly had to clean the puke off his desk... Still, FYL, that sucks.

I highly doubt the dean would think too much about it, I'm sure he/she had heard something like that a thousand times

is this a small liberal arts college where you call profs by their first name?

Luckily for me, my University has upwards of 20,000 students so it probably won't concern him much.

Hahahaha. A Dean is as far as I can gather a word for principal. It's quite common in movies or books and is actually used in some of the larger colleges in my country.

The dean was young once too... I'm sure the dean has stories of his/her own.

Next time, don't tell these kind of stories in public.

hoosiergirl94 31

Teenagers bragging about drinking