By drug testing - 09/05/2013 22:22 - United States - Little Chute

Today, while answering an "anonymous" survey about how to keep my school drug free, I told them they should stop drug testing the kids that they know don't do drugs and test the sketchier ones. They in turn drug tested me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 136
You deserved it 15 309

Same thing different taste

Top comments

\ 28

This warrants a call to the school district... your privacy seems to have been compromised.

jensen21 19

I know quite a few kids that do drugs that don't look sketchy at all. How would they be able to tell for sure if someone did drugs without testing them first?

Comments

By only drug testing the sketchy looking kids, drug free me would have to do tons of drug tests, while the proper looking but often high kids would not.

this is known as profiling my dear friend. very big no no lol.

SynysterNero 20

It sounds like your privacy was compromised you can get them in a lot of trouble

Warrant needed...and on the point of that you're clean anyway...

Is it even legal for them to drug test students? Plus, only testing the "sketchy" kids wouldn't hold up, it'd be like if two guys, one in a suit and the other looking like a gangster, both committed the same crime but only the gangster was accused. It's not legal.

From what I recall from High school, the kids that spoke the most about being high all weekend were the "clean cut" jock ones. The "skecthy" ones more often than not didn't do drugs. :/ lose the assumptions !

You sound like a shallow person. Who are you to decide who is sketchy or not?

Ciraxas 7

In the US you can refuse a drug test from a school an they can't do anything about it.

rene22 18

First: drug-testing in schools? I've never heard of that being don to the whole school. Second: You can never know who does or does not do drugs (unless they're doing hardcore drugs) Third: What happens during a drug test? you pee in a cup? (if so that doesn't sound bad at all. 1/10 on the awful scale)

What happens during a drug test? You have to pee in a cup with a dude looking at your junk. Invasive and embarrassing. I would have told them to go **** themselves if I hadn't been having so much fun popping off rounds from an M16 every day. As it was my shy bladder won me half a day off.