By Anonymous - 19/10/2009 07:10 - Indonesia

Today, when I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 years, she said no because she thought we were moving too fast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 785
You deserved it 3 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try again at ten, maybe it's her lucky number. >_>

Comments

bugmenotmofo 34

This girl is obviously holding you off...my guess is that she's just waiting for someone better to come along. Then she'll dump you.

perdix 29

8 years of free milk is a lot of dairy product! Why screw it up with a purchase? I went to a wedding yesterday. I don't know what the **** you people are thinking, marriage sucks. When she said "no," he should have said, "Just checking."

It's cool that some people don't like marriage, but most of us do.

ahh pedrix, this is the first time I've seen one of your comments buried, quite a shock for me!

That sucks and yes, the relationship is not good for her but she doesn't want to end it.

eight years? most would have been married by then. you arent going to fast, your going to slow.

global_katie 0

Not necessarily...sometimes people who have been together for that long (sometimes longer, even) hold off on marriage until both people are stable enough economically. There are other couples who never get married and stay together the rest of their lives and are perfectly happy.

Different people work different ways. If she's not ready, she's not ready. 8 years can be considered fast for some people.

She's probably banging someone else. Cut your losses and move on.

RJB 0

woah hardcore ;-) I bet the OP is going to screw her sisters, while the OPs Gf is going screw his brothers(and sister) so everyone wins!

sanem0808238036 0

i think u shud wait 1 more year and if its too fast then,, screw her!! (and her mom and her sister xD)

Man, that was light-speed fast! Ask her when you are 70 and retired, maybe it works then.

How old are you? If you started dating when you were like 14, (just guessing here because a of couples who have been dating this long and still aren'tmarried, startinggdateg when they were pretty young,) then maybe it really is too fast for her. I know I don't want to get married before a particular age, 8 years or not.

moonlight_daze 8

I was thinking the same thing. Regardless of how long a couple has been together, it's not smart to get married before you're at least 25 and have your life together.

Exactly. Some people just don't feel ready to get married before a certain age, even if they have been dating someone for a long time. Other people don't want to get married until their "established" etc. Good job, maybe a home etc. Then there are people who have no intention of ever getting married. Not to say they're not willing to commit tlivefe to someone, it's possible they just don't feel the need to get a certificate from the state or from a priest to solidiftheirre love for someone.