By Lee - 21/06/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, we spread my uncle's ashes at my grandparents' house. We were on a hill overlooking a sunset. It was a beautiful ceremony… until the winds changed direction. Our whole family wound up covered in my Uncle. He's still stuck in my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 831
You deserved it 4 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, looks like your uncle has seperation anxiety. You should feel blessed, it was a gesture of love on his part. Unless he's one of those annoying uncles in which case he came onto you as a prank.

Comments

Maybe he wanted to stay close to you all! :) In some native tribes in South America, it used to be a religious practice to eat some of your dead loved one's ashes after cremation, so that they'd be a part of you instead of just go away buried in the Earth. I don't think people still do that nowadays, but it's beautiful. In many ways, it's the same as Catholic Communion, only, done to be one with your loved one instead of with Jesus Christ. It's true and it's not anti-religious in any way, by the way. I learned this from a Catholic priest who used to be a missionaire studying the tribes, in case anyone feels like flaming me for this simple comment. >XD *lol*

Jackie10 0

wow. that really sucks. should have did it one a non-windy day. =[

Jackie10 0

wow. that really sucks. should have did it one a non-windy day. =[

:( Take solace in that he would probably laugh about it were he alive.

FreedomFirst 0

If he's anything like my uncle, he probably did it on purpose.

Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.