By Anonymous - 06/03/2011 05:18 - United States

Today, we had to discuss our heritage at school. When I told the class that I'm German, Japanese, and of the Jewish faith, my teacher laughed at the "irony." Something like this always happens whenever I tell people my background. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 975
You deserved it 5 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn son, sounds like an orgy gone wrong.

Just tell him you're going to go Samurai Nazi all over his tuchus.

Comments

baby_shaker9000 5

I'm Japanese German Cuban! And my half sister is Japanese German jewish like you too! I know what you mean...

lol idiot. might as well be a serial killer Muslim while your at it

GeneralMotors 23
Andy08642 0

Weird cause I'm a black Asian... can't beat that

That's not really something to complain about on FML is it? It's not that bad or good, it's a story lol.

hurray4jmk 1

Well it its ironic. Get over it. I'm Irish, British, and French. They all hated each other. IRONIC.

hurray4jmk 1

P.s. Be proud of your background. So what people crack jokes all the time. I get drunk jokes all the time and get called a mick. The brits are bland and the french can be assholes... mix all that together and you get ME! Tell people to stfu and look to their own shit

Cyberphobia 0

Sinkhole, Jews, unless someone has converted in their family background, DO share common ancestry. Converts aren't that common anyway. These days, it takes around two years and costs around $2000 Australian to convert to Judaism. Otherwise, if the Jewish mother married out, the kids would still be religiously full Jewish but racially half Jewish.

Sinkhole 26

A little research tells you that, for example, Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews are both "Jewish." However, whereas Ashkenazi Jews often hail from Europe, Sephardic Jews often hail from the Middle East. People of many different races have become Jewish over the centuries. So no, they don't share a common ancestry.

fthku 13

Sephardic Jews don't "often" hail from the Middle East or Africa, and neither do Ashkenazi Jews "often" hail from Europe, that is their very definition- Sephardic Jews are Jews from the Middle East (Not including Israel, of course), or Africa, and Ashkenazi Jews are Jews that come from Europe. Sorry if I'm being anal on the wording. All Jews (Non-converted) do share a common ancestry, as all are descended from the "Hebrews", which had spread all over the world due to their exile from ancient Judea by the Romans. (A disaspora)

Sinkhole 26

Sorry about the wording, I should have said that I was quoting there, those weren't my words exactly. The thing is that, common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. I was saying that they don't share a common ancestry because you can be a Jew no matter where you're from. When people talk about Jews being a race, they can't exclude the ones who are Jewish because they converted, they're still Jewish. I know that you're not exactly saying that they're a race, but still, if we were talking only about non-converted Jews, their race would be Caucasian 'cause that denotes the physical type of the population of that region.

fthku 13

Caucasian it wouldn't be, because of the Sephardic side- Black Jewish people from Ethiopia, and very dark skinned-slight dark skinned from the Middle East. So you can't define all Jews as one skin color. :) I know what you're saying, but that's why I said that all *non-converted* Jews share a common ancestry.

Sinkhole 26

The term Caucasian in common use is used when referring to light-skinned people, or what you would call white people. But, historically, it describes the entire population of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, West Asia, South Asia and Central Asia, without regard to skin tone. In physical anthropology there would be differences, as one group would be Aryans and the others would be Semitic, even though those are considered as races, they're subdivisions of the Caucasian race. All non converted Jews share a common ancestry, but, like I said, common ancestry is not a requirement to be a Jew, so Jews in general don't share a common ancestry and that is why they're not a race. If they were a race, no one could convert and be Jewish.

fthku 13

I do not go into these matters of whether or not Jewish people are a race. :) I was just saying that non-converted Jews share a common ancestry, that's all. In regards to the term "Caucasian"- Well, I was referring to the modern meaning of it. :) But I do believe it doesn't include all of Europe or that you said. The word comes, obviously, from the Caucasus. That is, a region of Europe but not ALL of europe, and also a part of Asia. Of course, I'm not an expert, could be wrong.

Sinkhole 26

I mentioned that about the race 'cause I've always been talking about Jews in general, not just non-converted Jews, but I know that you never said if you think they're a race or not :) The part about "entire population" wasn't in reference to Europe, it was to emphasise that it's regardless of the colour of their skin, that was a bit ambiguous from my part.