By Sgt_Jackrum - 05/02/2016 10:27 - United Kingdom - Oldbury

Spicy
Today, we had my grandmother with dementia round for tea. She looked me up and down and said, very matter-of-factly, "Well, with a figure like that, no one will rape you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 325
You deserved it 2 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unfortunately, that's not necessarily true because most rapists are after a feeling of power, not a gratifying sexual experience. But I suppose if Grandma is going to insult you at least she tried to put a positive spin on it!

Comments

Well there's a silver lining for you, I guess.

isnobodyhere 32

My grandma pees on the floor.. We all just at have to just go with it and hope grandmas don't try to kill us in our sleep

I agree with some ppl, rapist dont usually go for a girl just cuz shes pretty. Anyway OP dont let it bother you. Everybody is beautiful in their own way...

aeryn97 17

Kids and old people say the darndest things! chin up. beauty comes from within. you must first have confidence :)

So you look strong and powerful and all the rapists are like 'oh shit I don't fancy my chances against her'? I'm sorry about your grandma, it's so horrible to see a loved one loose their grip on reality like that.

Honestly, Grandmothers and mothers sometimes have the weirdest perceptions - I mean I know a few people whose Grandmothers/mothers have told them they are fat for example and they really aren't - they are fine. Please try not to take it personally.

Look on the bright side at least you won't be raped. I bet you look very attractive, OP. The only one your looks should matter to are you and your spouse.

It really is bullshit that sexual violence correlates with conventional attractiveness. Am ugly, have been raped before. It's more about who's vulnerable. Terrible people do what they can get away with.

#30. I'm 5' 11", 250 pound black guy, I can throw 350 pounds 14' 9.5". I TAUGHT Krav Maga*, kick boxing+, Thai boxing! and basic Judo:. ( for 4*,6+,4!,5: years) I've been a victim. that chick knew that shit about me. she'd seen me hospitalize people in a matter of seconds. all it takes is some persuasion and some pills. vulnerability really aint got shit to do with it. you might think you're ugly but you were clearly attractive to someone.

#46, you might not be vulnerable in general, but you were vulnerable when it happened. That's the thing about rapists: they never want a fight because they're cowards at heart. Even tiny women are usually incapacitated when they're raped.

And I'm very sorry that happened to both of you. I can't imagine what that must be like.