By Anonymous - 01/03/2018 11:44

Today, I found out my new husband is actually an illegal immigrant using me for citizenship, and is now forcing me to house his parents, 5 siblings, and 3 grandparents who are now able to pass through immigration. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 627
You deserved it 2 115

Top comments

Where is this? That's not how it works in the US, not at all. You don't have to do any of that and even if you do it doesn't give him any legal status, much less his family.

You should try having your marriage annulled since he married you under false pretenses. That hopefully will mean that he and his family are deported.

Comments

Mikemclain6453 11

you can have him reported, marriage reversed, and his ass deported forever for pulling that crap

This is the exact type of trash propaganda that Trump and his Republicans espouse.

That is th most idiotic thing I have read in this place and I have read many. Chain Migration is not real, no matter what your stupid president wants to say, an undocumented immigrant can not sponsor grandparents, the fastest his process through marriage would be is about close to 7 months, only if he overstayed a visa, if this person crossed the border, the process is about 1.5 to 2.5 years or more( if it evens gets approved because the Standard is extremely high, in legal terms, EXTREME AND UNUSUAL HARDSHIP TO A US CITIZEN); after he obtain legal status, he can only apply for citizenship either 4 years and 9 months after being married to a US citizen OR 4.9 nine months after becoming a Legal resident IF there is a divorce. ONLY then he can sponsor parents, that process is 2 to 4 years depending on where the parents are and HOW they entered the United states. Parents of a US citizen can only naturalize 4.9 months after obtaining Legal Status, ONLY then a Grandparents would be able to come ( though its kids not a grandchild, sponsoring a grandparent is not possible) STOP SPREADING LIES. a legal Resident can NOT petition siblings, only a U.S. Citizen can do that and the waiting list is between 10 and 25 years depending on the country.

This sounds like something someone made up because he is a scared om immigrants and probably blames his problems on them all the time. This is NOT how immigration works in the USA and NOT how it works in any western country or any country people would want to immigrate their entire family too. All of those countries have restrictions and huge barriers to prevent easy chain migration. Only white trash who vote on hate parties actually believe chain migration is a real issue.

I smell a divorce coming, and a deportation.

No way in hell is this real. “Forced to” huh? Either you’re the biggest push over ever or you’re a dumbass liar

Really... you can't be forced to do something. You can be forced to have sex. You can be forced to stay homeand not work. You can be forced to do anything when someone has been abused enoigh and not everyone leaves an abusive relationship because of the abuse.

thatslifeiguess7 16

The citizenship green card only gives him a temporary visa. How long did you date mr WONDERFUL?

xcoreflyup2 7

Not US for sure...marriage only get the spouse in...not the family