By Anonymous - 06/09/2013 20:36

Today, the mother of one of my students bitched me out about her son's poor grades. He lazes around all day, paying no attention and being a constant nuisance. But, she says it's not his fault, and demands that I give him better grades so he won't get "self-esteem" issues. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 169
You deserved it 3 448

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You ought to tell her better parenting will help him with his self esteem not lying so he can pass school

rachaelb07 6

Parents are the worst part of teaching.

Comments

Ydi for being a teacher! Jk what a stupid bitch!

love_mom2 6

"Not his fault? " does this kid have swag? I'll order some fries from him!

laughlots4195 7

i hate parents like that, constantly deflecting their problems on other people. i think this warrants a talk with your boss.

pi_enthusiast 5

I could never deal with that "properly". That mother needs to understand that undermining the integrity of her son's education by attempting to coerce you into giving him a better grade will damage him more than anyone else. That's the overarching problem, a huge chunk of our current generation feels no need to apply themselves and only want to subsist. Which to me is depressing. I was going to be a biology/math teacher OP, I understand your pain.

Poor OP. My heart actually aches for you having to deal with this and for the existence of such stupidity in general.

OP, I have a lot of respect for you, teaching (especially in the US, I can't tell your location) is a way underappreciated occupation and is in need of much more respect and funding. Kids and their parents don't realize that education is the foundation of society and that good teachers are worth their weight in gold. American treatment of the education system is repulsive and disgusting, no wonder the global image of us is stupid and entitled assholes.

Shows they both need to educate themselves more.

The things parents will do for their childrens grades! Back in my day, we we on our own and got scolded for not getting good grades! Kids are turning in to pansys!

Ahh, this one hits close to home. I was the "lazy" kid back when I was in school. I didn't do my homework, didn't do well in class, straight F's. The teachers treated me like crap because they thought I was lazy and viewed myself as "better" than the rest of the kids because I must feel like I didn't need to do the work. Guess what? I was suffering from *severe* depression and chronic fatigue. I nearly killed myself several times later in life. 20 years later, I'm still struggling with it while taking a handful of meds every morning. So people blaming the kid need to shut up because a few sentences from the teacher on this site rarely tell the entire story. Oh, and YDI for just assuming the kid is lazy. I still hate teachers for how mine blamed me instead of thinking "hey, maybe this kid has a problem." Seems you're cut from the same cloth, OP.