By Anonymous - 06/09/2013 20:36

Today, the mother of one of my students bitched me out about her son's poor grades. He lazes around all day, paying no attention and being a constant nuisance. But, she says it's not his fault, and demands that I give him better grades so he won't get "self-esteem" issues. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 169
You deserved it 3 448

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You ought to tell her better parenting will help him with his self esteem not lying so he can pass school

rachaelb07 6

Parents are the worst part of teaching.

Comments

Um, no. That's what's wrong with these kids and young 'adults' today!?

Beepbeep7 14

I hate parents that think their kids do no wrong and blame it on everyone else.It's not the teachers problem if he's a little shit that won't do his work and pay attention.There's only so much the teacher can do.That mother should take him home and wear his little ass out.

I think she needs to follow up a bit more...in the context of her son's work habits...

Screw him. Someone needs to work at McDonalds. Less competition for the rest of us.

**** that parent whoop your child's ass for bad grades Jesus this world is turning into a bitch inspired world

Well looking at your grammar on this post, cannot say that you didn't deserve it. IJS

Well, at least you can say "I can't do that, the policy is quite clear on how grades are earned, this is the grade your child has earned, and it is only his actions that can change that."

I was this kid in a way. I was bored with the work. I could do it easily enough, but I just didn't feel challenged or interested in doing the work for class. I got in trouble all through school because of it. My grades were like a roller coaster; good for the first 1/3 of the semester bad through the center and good to the last 1/3. My father would get informed or catch me doing badly and set up meeting with my teachers. They would tell him that I just sit around and generally did anything I could EXCEPT the work assigned. I failed a course due to this and had to take a remedial course to get a passing grade. My father didn't take that well at all. One day a teacher said to the entire class, "Don't do problem #, it is too difficult for you and I haven't taught you the necessary material." I saw this as challenge and did the problem. The teacher saw it and the rest of my work. It was flawless as I had studied the material and taught myself how to do it, and this intrigued him. He sat me down with my father and had a talk with me about my work and my ethic and I literally told him, "Your work bores me and I don't want to do it." He decided to start giving me work that was ahead of the other students. He made me think I was "better." The work was more challenging and I found myself enjoying it. The moral of this story? Screw the parent, make the kid enjoy the challenge of the assignment. If you did all you could then go home knowing that and don't sweat it op. I went on to take all AP courses and skip the first year of my college general education courses. You aren't at fault and the student is the responsible party. Do what you can and move on.

Maybe her son wouldn't be the way he is if she didn't fail as a parent. God forbid anyone admits that they or their children do anything wrong...

this is the type of parent who demands that all kids get a participation trophy in sports