By Anonymous - 09/10/2012 12:12 - United States

Today, the guy I've been madly in love with for ages finally asked me out. I excitedly said yes. I waited a half an hour for him to show up, with another girl and say, "Where's your date?" I was asked to go on a double date, but apparently he forgot to tell me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 429
You deserved it 2 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

I'm willing to bet he told you it was a double date, but in your excitement, you decided to have selective hearing.

Guy: Do you want to go on a date with me and... OP: Yes! Guy: I mean a doub... OP: Yes!! Guy: I didn't finish! I mean with another g... OP: YES!!! See you then! *click* Maybe you should have let him finish his question.

Comments

This is worded so awfully that I still just don't fully get it after seven read throughs. Or maybe I am just dumb..

KiddNYC1O 20

Yeah, the latter. 46- All this time I thought your pic was a transformer... Then I zoomed in.

Well, the middle part is worded pretty badly, I just can't think of another way you could interpret this. Anyway, 44, OP's "date" showed up a half hour late with another girl because he had intended the outing to be a double date, expecting OP to bring another date of her own.

Thanks 55, and reading it while fully awake it is making a lot more sense now but I still probably deserved those two other comments lol

It took me a while too; I read, 'I waited a half an hour for him to show up' and then couldn't understand how 'with another girl and say...' could make grammatical sense. Was she waiting for him with another girl? Then how does 'and say' fit into the sentence? Finally I realised it meant 'I wanted a half an hour, only to have him show up with another girl and say...' The wording does make sense, but it's a bit of a garden path sentence.

OP- I think the word you were looking for was "lust." This seems to be a theme for FMLs: I'm madly in love with someone whom I've never told, and they're going out with/getting engaged with someone else!

lelo007 11

I agree, these posts are getting quite annoying. It's one thing if the other person knows, but it makes it hard for me to say "FYL" when it's OPs fault that she hasn't let her love interest in on her little secret.

etoilenuit 15

I doubt she was too excited she skipped over him telling her it was a double date.. He probably didn't word it right and being as he felt she'd be ok with going on a double date, he didn't think he needed to clarify things.. Either way that sucks op..

FlyMeAway 2

You're halfway there, OP. Don't give up yet.

perdix 29

Tell him your date will meet you at the bar. When you get there, buy lots of drinks and no one will notice your nonexistent date. Then, have a threesome. Good plan, right?

Are you, or have you ever been a dingbat?

if you were willing to threesome, you're as dumb as many other females out there...

mowmowlife 21

Maybe he did. Maybe he thought he said it in his head but it didn't make it to his mouth. Who knows? Maybe OP found it important enough to listen very closely to make sure nothing went awry like this