By badbitch23 - 07/12/2015 23:21 - United States - Killeen

Today, someone finally got the guts to punch my extremely rude mother in the face. My wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 139
You deserved it 3 800

badbitch23 tells us more.

Op here, okay my wife's mother died 2 weeks beforehand and my mom thought it would be funny to make a joke out of it. So yes the punch was for sure justified. I haven't spoke to my mom since and I'm happily married with my wife.

Top comments

Gabbrill 11

If you say finally, I'd say you deserve it. Since it sounds like you think it's about time!

Comments

I've never understood rude family members and I refuse to associate with them. Everyone is under some strange idea that you should be nicer to family. Strangers get more leniency from me because they don't know me. Family knows better. I've kicked my own mother out of my house for being rude.

I don't condone violence, but I understand it. Sometimes people just need a punch in da face!

If you re-arrange the letters in mother-in-law, you can spell woman hitler. Sound like your mom has done her part to keep the reputation going.

That reminds me of my grandmother she was the most foul belligerent person I ever met and nobody ever put her in her place and her husband my grandfather was a true spineless coward

I feel like we had the same grandmother lol. Mine thrived off shitty things happening in others' lives. All she ever did was talk badly of anyone who wasn't around at that moment. I've never met such a negative person. She had money and she tries to pit everyone against eaxh other by writing them out of her will when they do something she doesnt like. My brother got wrote out for one bad grade and the other one got a DUI once. I lost my share for dating someone she doesn't like ( she doesn't like anyone) Now she has stage 3 colon cancer and cries because no one is there for her. I have a serious issue with older women because of the horrible things she's done.

if I ever have a wife... she wouldn't dare lay a finger on the woman that brought me to life cared for me and raised me... no matter what...

So your mother could do whatever the hell she wanted and your wife would have to take it? Nice to know. Truthfully, if you don't want someone getting hit why can't the actual family members stand up to the rude person before it gets to that point. Or just stay away from them.

Be happy in blissful argument after another whenever some girl gets so Lonely that she decides that becoming yours and your families doormat sounds like a great idea

Mathalamus 24

Even if your mother was being a nasty hateful little shit to your wife? I was raised in a family where hitting your own parents is basically treason, and I would still do it if I had to.

Badkarma4u 17

They are both adults and if MIL is an ass wife doesn't have to be around her, ever.

Mathalamus 24

I'm Canadian. If my mother in law, if I had one, offended me so badly that it deserved a violent response, I would. Besides, I would lose absolutely ******* nothing. Why? I dislike In-laws on principle. You may call it disrespect, but it's more disrespectful for an adult to behave so badly that this needed to happen.

It's not a "disrespectful culture" it's not putting our mother over someone we are supposed to love. Op obviously stated that his mom was rude, disrespectful, and had been for a while. So if they bothered to talk, it didn't work. It'd be nice if words could fix everything, but they can't. Some people need knocked down a peg. When my mom was married to my stepdad my grandpa had cancer and was very sick so she lived with him and took care of him. His stepmom, my moms mother in law, liked to say how she should just abandon him in a home so she could take care of her son and after he passed my stepdad said, at his funeral, "maybe she will have time for me now" or something to that effect. Unfortunately everyone was too busy sobbing to punch him. The point? Some things deserve punching for. Op's mom could be insulting his wife's mother for all we know or saying some really nasty things. I wouldn't tolerate someone hitting my mother, but my mothers a great mom and very caring, loving person. This obviously isn't the case here.

brocho 26

I may get downvoted, but I agree with 63. There is probably a much better way to handle things than to act like you're on Jerry Springer. Everyone involved sounds like trash in this situation.

yes because punching her in the face would solve everything, she'd be like oh I'm sorry i get it now I'll try to be nicer.... all i know is violence is never the answer when it comes to family... you are all driven by anger, try logic once in a while and better civilized ways to deal with things.

Badkarma4u 17

I totally agree. Violence is not an appropriate response to rudeness. If someone is rude to you you walk away or you stop talking to them you don't physically assault them. What someone says does not give you a right to hit them. Now if mom assaulted wifey poo she gets a beat down. There are no magic words that you can say that make it ok. There is no magic topic that if brought up makes it ok. Lashing out violently because someone hurts your feelings is not acceptable past age 3.

You been letting your wife play Punch out? It sounds like your mom is Glass Joe and your wife is Little Mac.

Mathalamus 24

It's not an option to banish your in laws from ever interacting with you? I'm sure even your husband will support you.