By badbitch23 - 07/12/2015 23:21 - United States - Killeen

Today, someone finally got the guts to punch my extremely rude mother in the face. My wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 139
You deserved it 3 800

badbitch23 tells us more.

Op here, okay my wife's mother died 2 weeks beforehand and my mom thought it would be funny to make a joke out of it. So yes the punch was for sure justified. I haven't spoke to my mom since and I'm happily married with my wife.

Top comments

Gabbrill 11

If you say finally, I'd say you deserve it. Since it sounds like you think it's about time!

Comments

OP, good for her! And for you, too - since the wife is never wrong esp. in this case, so you must (always) support her 100% despite how your mom reacts, right? ;-)

Op here, okay my wife's mother died 2 weeks beforehand and my mom thought it would be funny to make a joke out of it. So yes the punch was for sure justified. I haven't spoke to my mom since and I'm happily married with my wife.

Nice to hear back from OP. That was horrible of your mom to say. Wow. Good for your wife. Hopefully your mom learned her lesson.

agreed with you OP and #102... totally good for your wife to take a stand... it was out of line for your mom to joke like that... mind you... at the end of the day she's still your mom...don't fully ignore her (even when she does stuff like that) one day she'll be gone too

Why would it ever be funny to make a joke about someone's dead mother. Especially if the death was recent?

a happy wife is a happy marriage. glad to hear everything is OK op

elizacandle 29

103, someone being your mother doesn't give them the right to treat you and your wife like shit- and have unconditional love. OP does not owe his mom ANYTHING. if Mom wants contact she should be the first to apologize.

before reading your follow up, I was thinking how could you ever think your mother deserves to be punched, but damn, she deserved it.

#107 He clarified that his mother deserved it, and that it was good for his wife to stand up for herself. However, becuase someone is rude doesn't mean you should forget that they are your mother. It's Christmas Eve as of right now, should he continue to resent her even now? Don't be so short sighted.

Your wife is awesome OP, you're very lucky!!

Short sighted? All he told us is why she was punched. You have literally no idea what else she's done to him or his wife. He said someone finally punched her, right? This shows that she's been behaving similar to this for a lengthy period of time. Just because you have a parent complex doesn't mean everyone should. Parents can be the best people in your life, the ones that love you the most and care for you and treat you so well no one comes close. Or they can be be worst nightmares anyone could never dream up. Not everyone has a good family life, not all parents are unconditionally loving, caring and respectful of their children. Many believe they own their children, even well into adulthood. Now tell me, if your mother had spent a lot of her time making jokes out of people's dead relatives, OBVIOUSLY making jabs at that person, disrespecting them, being mean and nasty -like I'm very sure ops mom was- would you still feel that way? Your mom maybe wouldn't do that would she? She probably is a loving caring person for you to assume his needs forgiveness. Here's the hard part, it's very possible that this woman who raised OP is a terrible person, who never approved of his wife, who never liked her family, who never wanted them to be together, and since they decided they would she's been a hellish fiend ever since and finally went way too far. That's just a guess, because I personally feel my mother deserves a lot more than one punch got how she's been throughout my life, and I'm not OP. I don't know exactly what happened. I'm just saying, everyone family is different and I'm glad yours appears to be a good one, but sometimes people never deserve forgiveness, you shouldn't push anyone to forgive someone unless you know everything about their relationship. Happy holidays.

Blood of the covenant is thicker than water of the womb

Good for her for refusing to take that shit.

I don't know why this has so many dislikes cause I'm thinking this too

Good for her to stand up for herself!

This shouldn't be a FML. You should be proud of your wife for standing up to your mother

Although you may be born in a family it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be on their side. That's the thing with having a partner you've each chosen to be with each other so I feel that if you want to be the happiest it's best supporting your wife as long as it's not something crazy. Sorry to hear about temporary divide in your family OP hopefully your mother realises her mistake and chooses the right path.

YOU KEEP THAT WOMAN YOUR WIFE! She has spunk and stands up for herself.

BlackFire4890 16

Ops wife just got to do what most women want to do to their MILs. lmao

gidonene 7

another happy ending plus your mom's a bitch