By onye - 11/07/2017 01:53

Today, someone called wanting to talk to my son. My 6-week-old baby is receiving more phone calls than I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 704
You deserved it 467

onyinye tells us more.

Hi, OP here. Someone called and went like "Can I talk to Mr. N****, please?". At first I thought he meant my husband, but it turned out to be my son. I said "Well, I don't think you can talk to him, he is just six weeks old. So you might want to talk to me instead". Turns out he was the assistant of the specialist I had made an appointment with because of an issue with my son's spine (something went wrong during the delivery). He was cancelling/rescheduling appointments, because his boss was sick, and hadn't checked the patient's birth date before calling (they treat both kids and adults). He was very embarrassed, but I just thought it was hilarious.

Top comments

Probably credit card companies looking for suckers. I have had them send mail and phone calls for my cats before.

He can’t even hold his head up by himself, but he’s figured out how to get himself “out there” better than you. You need to up your game!

Comments

norisorroz 28

Hey OP, FML aside, I hope your baby is alright!

That reminds me of the story someone told me once involving a medical bill mix up, a bill collector coming to the house demanding to speak to their 3 month old and refusing to discuss the situation with anyone else. They plopped the baby down on the couch next to them and wished them the best of luck.

I'm reminded of the confusion that used to result from the fact that my mom and I had different last names. (She kept her maiden name; I have my dad's last name.) I was apparently on different junk mail master lists as respectively my correct name, my first name with my mom's last name, my first name with a misspelling of my mom's last name, and my first name with my mom's last name and my grandma's address. At least the government can keep my info straight?