By LadyGrey - 27/01/2015 11:45

Today, returning home from a party, I realised I'd forgotten my keys. My roommate was sleeping so soundly that after an hour of throwing gravel and ringing the doorbell, I had to give up and get a room at the hotel over the road. For €85 I had a view of my room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 438
You deserved it 105

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Try calling his/her phone or the landline maybe. Everyone has the reflex to answer their phones nowadays.

Comments

Your roommate must be a very sound sleeper, sounds like you tried all you could!

Captain Obvious saves the day again! My hero!

concend_blk_guy 8

Lol, #12, the smallest of all the rocks.

I know this isn't exactly normal, but I almost always have a lock pick set somewhere nearby, either in my glove box in my car or in my pocket, specifically for situations where a friend or I forget a key or need to get somewhere we have permission to be but have no key for. Like any tool it's all in how it's used Not saying OP had the mental faculty to pick a lock after coming back from a party (or at all, it's not as easy as tv makes it look), but that would be my "trying everything I could"...

Wizardo 33

Try calling his/her phone or the landline maybe. Everyone has the reflex to answer their phones nowadays.

hugozac88 22

See I kind of understand this because I'm a HEAVY sleeper, my phone is on my face sometimes and don't wake up when the alarm goes off

Lots of people sleep with their phone next to their face. If the ringer is up then it'll wake him

Im sure the cost of the trip back to the party for your keys would have cost less than 85 euros

OP's keys were probably forgotten in the locked house.

OP forgot his/her keys at home before he left to the party, not at the party

Marcella1016 31

ohhh I read it as OP left their keys at the party and I was wondering the same thing as #4. That really sucks, OP. I do think another option, though, would have been to stay with a friend. I'd've exhausted all options before blowing 85 Euros on a hotel room. Would love a follow up to see what other efforts you made, if any.

In all fairness to 4, op just says "I forgot my keys." Op doesn't day whether he forgot them at home or at the party.

LittleMissShadow 16

You could've gone back to the party to get your keys... Probably would've cost less than the hotel.

Except she probably left them in the apartment before the party...

I'm guessing that OP forgot the keys at the house

At least you have a great view of your home . Plus room service . Might as well have some fun.

Agreed. Take advantage of the situation, go relax in the pool and order some room service.

Would you really get all that for $85? It doesn't sound like enough for a nice hotel to me...but it's still enough that I wouldn't give it up easily. I'd rather just walk around all night.

I've never lived in a city, but it would be weird to stay at a place where I could see my house - and then, later, being able to see the place I was stranded in from the safety of my own place. It's almost like a paradox, if you think about it too much.

I fear for heavy sleepers. I just hope the smoke detectors in your house are loud enough for him

They ain't for me, I found out. No fire. Just bad cook.

Do you have a mail box if so use a blow horn through it

Yeah next time throw bricks. You take those windows out. All of them.

Ya for sure, it's not like you live there lol

If it weren't for the 'ya' and the 'lol', this would have been amusing