By masterdisaster - 11/04/2009 04:07 - United States

Today, one of our regular customers came in and was telling me he bought an assault rifle. I told him not to go off his meds and shoot up the store, as a joke. Later, my manager told me that the guy is on antidepressants and was discharged from the military for being "mentally unfit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 866
You deserved it 19 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How does someone who's mentally unfit get a licence to an assault rifle. I'd change jobs! He'll be baaack

Uh oh... he will now come back for sure! :-o Run! Btw, how did the customer react on your joke?

Comments

Skinny89 0

LOL @ #21. I'd keep an eye out for that guy. Who knows what happens when he forgets his meds. XD

My husband was discharged from the military because of post-traumatic stress disorder...but that doesn't mean he's gonna go off and randomly shoot people...if the guy has PTSD as well he may have bought the rifle because even though he's back in the US now he is still paranoid that he may be attacked... My husband was in transportation and he got panic attacks on new years because there were explosions (of course only from fireworks) around us while he was driving a truck...a situation he has been trying to avoid in Iraq for 15 months...

compasseagle89 8

OP, do you work at walmart too? ive heard this crap before. just google "things to do at walmart" and one of the things on the list is "While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are." i really appreciate the originality here.

kwbuzz23wk 0
kwbuzz23wk 0

It would not let me Edit my last post for some reason but #25 should say: How is that funny? and i mean the attempt at a joke, not the FML as a whole.

f_ckkl_fe 0

that's scary! tell the cops...a guy on antidepressants and mentally unfit for the military should NOT have an assault rifle!!!

Apparently, it's not that hard to get an assault rifle these days.

Geez, just cause he's on antidepressants doesn't mean he's gonna go around shooting people up. I'm on antidepressants and I have never once had the urge to shoot anyone. Some people are discharged because of PTSD or other anxiety-related disorders (which are treated with antidepressants). Even though I'm for strict gun control, I don't find it all that shocking that he was able to get a gun lisence.