By masterdisaster - 11/04/2009 04:07 - United States

Today, one of our regular customers came in and was telling me he bought an assault rifle. I told him not to go off his meds and shoot up the store, as a joke. Later, my manager told me that the guy is on antidepressants and was discharged from the military for being "mentally unfit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 866
You deserved it 19 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How does someone who's mentally unfit get a licence to an assault rifle. I'd change jobs! He'll be baaack

Uh oh... he will now come back for sure! :-o Run! Btw, how did the customer react on your joke?

Comments

Watch out! I'm depressed and on anti depressants. You may be next. I joined the military as well.

oasisfan 0

How on Earth can someone who was discharged from the army for being mentally unfit be allowed to buy an assault rifle? Secondly, how on Earth are assault rifles for sale to the general public? America needs to sort out its values.

veriria 0

I call BS on this one. You wouldn't get sold a gun with such a record (mental instability) on file, especially with the military.

Wealthyparrot 9

Yes, you would. That's why over 90% of america thinks background checks are in order, right now, you can sell a gun to ANYONE. It's ******* ridiculous.

Remember, the customer is always right, especially in his case!

someone with depression? do you know just how many people suffer depression? also discharges can happen any time. there's a chance this guy was discharged after seeing something traumatic. (Last I checked, severe PTSD can fall under the "mentally unfit" category.)

Well...with his background he shouldn't have been able to buy the gun in the first place...

Well..then technically you're not wrong!