By LolAtMyPosts - 15/09/2013 18:04 - Canada - Halifax

Today, one of my online friends told me he's bought a plane ticket, so he can come visit me. I've told him multiple times before that I'm uncomfortable with this idea, but he keeps telling me to stop joking, and reminding me that he'll have no other place to stay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 084
You deserved it 8 658

LolAtMyPosts tells us more.

LolAtMyPosts 10

For those who care, no, I didn't give him my address, I'm not an idiot. He just knows the city I live in, because I'm sure I've mentioned it during a group chat. He and I are NOT in a relationship in any way, shape, or form. I barely know him. He's had this weird obsession with me for a while. We talk about once every other day, and have two types of conversations. The most common is: 'Hi, how are you? Good? Glad to hear you're good. Have a nice day.' And that's it. The less common and more creepy is him asking: 'Can I buy you stuff? Can I have your address so I can send you stuff? Do you like jewelry? I'm going to come visit you ;)' He doesn't know my real name, nor do I know his. He doesn't know what I look like, only what I sound like on a mic. We only know each other through our gaming community, and nothing more. :/ I have broken all ties with him, and deleted him off my friends' list (because that's the ONLY way he could contact me). Dude needs to grow up and get his head checked.

Top comments

Did you give them your address? If yes, YDI. If no, FML. I don't like giving out too much personal info to people online. There's a good chance they're not really who they say they are.

Looks like he'll be on the streets for a while

Comments

Looks like he'll be on the streets for a while

That's what you get for talking to random people on the Internet!

tjv3 10

Well if he shows up call the Mounties

Did you give them your address? If yes, YDI. If no, FML. I don't like giving out too much personal info to people online. There's a good chance they're not really who they say they are.

Kristoffer 35

I disagree (and yes, I read the OP's comment already so I know the situation, but regardless of that). There is some measure of foolishness in giving out your address online; however, that doesn't entitle someone to visit your home against your express objections. It's a FYL all the way around.

Little4Bear 10

I say OP should threaten him with calling the cops, regardless if they're friends. Protect your safety!

It kinda goes both ways. I don't want strangers to know my address. And no matter the person, if I say it's not okay to visit me, then it's not okay.

64 - cops can't so anything, useless threat. Said person has actually done nothing wrong, yet at least. But yea threaten with idle threats, it's what the kool kids do!!

nursejohio 8

Until the creeper shows up, then the cops can at least snag him for trespassing.

perdix 29

Hopefully, they'll confiscate his axe before he gets on the plane. And I'm talking about both the wood-chopping murder weapon and the line of grooming products that causes women to surrender themselves sexually to unattractive men.

What?? Wood-chopping axes don't attract women!? I've been doing it wrong this whole time...

Kristoffer 35

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day!

I PUT ON WOMEN'S CLOTHING AND HANG AROUND IN BRAS

They'll never be able to find your body...

AbstraktThoughts 13

Herbert the pervert? Is that you?

Metal_Chick 15

And to think all this years I've been accusing Chester of being the molester...damn Lester!

strawberrywine22 30

I'd suggest calling the police. That's pretty scary.

hollyanne27 9

for every party, theres a pooper, thats why we invited you, you party pooper!

As soon as I read that it reminded of the movie Father of the Bride

I guess it depends on the circumstances. If they have an online relationship, I think he is justified in trying to push a meeting. If they're really just friends, then this is not cool and somewhat unsettling.

RedPillSucks 31

He's not justified to push things beyond what she feels comfortable with.

Probably just trying not to end up on Catfish.

I can see this situation becoming a great horror film.