By Anonymous - 23/05/2013 13:45 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, one of my closest friends informed me that she wasn't going to invite me to her wedding, because I'm too shy and not enough fun, and she doesn't want her 200 or so guests to feel uncomfortable. I was the one who set the happy couple up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 613
You deserved it 4 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nightowl713 25

I know it hurts, but I wouldn't go even if she change her mind. She obviously doesn't consider you as close a friend, as you do her.

This ungrateful friend doesn't deserve to have you at the wedding.

Comments

That's cold. I'm pretty sure if you are shy, it wouldn't make a difference to the 200 guests there. In my opinion it's better being shy than being loud and obnoxious, taking away the attention from the bride and groom.

RedPillSucks 31

Exactly. I somehow don't think that OP will make 200 people uncomfortable when she's not the focus of the wedding. I call bollocks on OPs friend.

Don't mind her OP, she clearly has another reason for that. How would you being shy make 200 people uncomfortable? My opinion is that she was never your friend, but pretended to be so because she was probably happy you set her up with he future husband. Clearly not a person you should waste your time for. Don't go to the wedding even if she changes her mind.

perdix 29

She could have just stuck you at the "Singles Table" (aka, "Loser Table") and let you bum them out. You must be a real Debbie Downer if she fears you can creep out the whole room!

Just like table 9 in the Wedding Singer

GunSh0w 4

Seems you can. I can! I can. ICANN. iCan. iToilet. iPotty? iThrone. Yeah. YEAH! iThrone. Sounds cool. I'm on coffee withdrawal, apologies.

Obviously you know that that's a bullshit excuse. She hates you and can't tell you why upfront.

So, ungrateful and a bad liar. I'd pay the catering company to slip some wasabi in the bride's wedding dinner. Correction: as much wasabi as possible without it being obvious

PulseShock 9

She obviously isn't a very good friend. I had a "best friend" have sex with my then, 3 year girlfriend. I know it sucks to have to realize some people just shouldn't be allowed into your life.

Well, your then 3 year girlfriend also had sex with your best friend. See what I did there?

She doesn't sound like a friend at all, let alone a close friends. Nobody needs friends like that anyway. One of the awesome things about having close friends is that you can be as awkward and shy as you like, and they'll still love you for it anyway. If she's so concerned about what other people think of her (particularly a bunch of people she probably barely knows) to the point where she'll ostracize her friends for it, then she doesn't sound much fun to hang around anyway.

I thought one of the great things about close friends is that you're not awkward and shy with them because you feel comfortable around them.

Crash that bitch! Show up drunk with a bunch of good looking guys and show her what's up! Perfect way to end a friendship!

Crash the wedding in a helicopter surrounded by beautiful models. Bruce Wayne style.

And you guys are still friend why?