By namenlos - 27/05/2012 21:53 - Australia

Today, on Facebook, my sister posted a ton of photos of herself wearing a skimpy bikini, commenting that she looked hideous and fat. I can't stand attention-seeking fuckballs, so I called her on it. My mother then condemned me for "mocking" my sister, and grounded me for an entire month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 167
You deserved it 6 169

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You did the right thing. We need to rid of these attention seeking ******.

At least you didn't steal the picture and photo shop it so she really did look hideous & fat...I would've!

Comments

lisakin 13

have you ever considered maybe she really is insecure about her body? of course, i do agree that she shouldnt have posted those pictures if she felt that way but maybe she wanted someone to prove her wrong to help boost her obviously low self esteem. you should have talked to her in private about this instead of posting your opinion for the world to see. Have some sympathy!

mehwhocares 9

While you may have a point, if she were really insecure about her body, she probably wouldn't be posting pictures of her in a bikini on the internet. In fact, chances are she wouldn't have the confidence to wear a bikini at all.

Agree with 36. Also, though it may seem harsh, why talk to her in private when she's already made it a public issue by sharing it online?

Her posting that picture and wanting someone to prove her wrong is EXACTLY what everyone here has said. It's seeking attention and fishing for compliments. Cut and dry.

reddudeover 2

Posting this on FML ISN'T attention seeking? Hey, some people are introverts and like quiet reflection. Some people are extroverts and like attention there's nothing wrong with either. I myself am an ambivert, like most people not completely outgoing and not a basketcase.

No. Posting this on FML isn't attention seeking. It's sharing a story with others about your life's small ****-ups...in this case, OP's attention-***** of a sister.

If you're saying that By posting on FML OP is an attention ***** wouldn't that make you an attention ***** for commenting on it?

You know what... you're right... There are probably more people who have seen my comment than OP's sister's pictures, she probably has like 9 friends and i already have 7 thumbs up... BUT! You are also wrong, there are thousands of pedophiles and creepers on facebook who have probably thouroghly enjoyed those pictures... So i don't know it's more of an opinion, how many people do you think saw those pictures, and if i were an attention ***** for posting a comment and getting a posotive response, wouldn't every actor, comedian, class clown, and pretty much every person who has ever said something an attention *****? Is obama an attention *****? Am i an attention *****? Are you an attention *****? I don't know it's like i can't believe it's not butter, you have some people who like it for it's buttery qualities and reduced fat, but some people don't like it because it's not really butter. I hope this makes sense to everybody out there and hopefully i'm not an attention ***** for posting this ridicilously long comment... Peace out and have a good life hopefully you won't have to post an FML...

reddudeover 2

59 - Which is why I said there is nothing wrong with it. I'm guessing you didn't fully comprehend my comment genius.

Shame on your sister for whining to your mom about it! She sounds young and immature.

How did this get published with so much unnecessary swearing

destinee_95 2

Is wasn't cool blasting her on the Internet like that your sisters not enemies:(

Angelrose2004 17

Except OP is a guy. Plus, he may have done it in person.

senor_awesome 14
c8750 2

45, if you read it like 3 times it makes sense. That's what I had to do :-)

senor_awesome 14

Or she just could've worded it to make sense the first time...

lululu333 7

You did the right thing for your sister, maybe it'll hit her how ridiculous she acted by you calling her on it. Still, I guess "No good deed goes unpunished" applies here.

HaileyBeth16 1

Wait till she starts hearing the things people say about her at school....then it'll hit her that putting pics like that isn't very smart!

Ya chicks like that think they're all that and can do whatever they want, but they're just stuck up bitches.

Your 'about' section is stupid. And no, I'm not offended by it so it's not ironic. It's just stupid.

badassbandit 6

Yes! Thank god, i can't stand attention ****** on Facebook! You did the right thing, i don't care if any other comments disagree.

Yeah,should'nt let your sister that because yo know how guys think