By Damn_her - 05/03/2009 00:04 - Canada

Today, my wife and I were driving to the gas station, she let me out before she pulled up to the pumps because I had to buy some things from the store. I returned to see my wife proudly filling the tank. Smiling, she told me that diesel was cheaper than regular gas. We don't own a diesel car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 332
You deserved it 8 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Here in America, we have much larger nozzles for diesel gas, so that people like your wife cannot put diesel in their cars. The nozzle will not fit into the tank. Only cars with diesel engines have holes large enough to stick the diesel nozzle in.

Oh dear God. :( Strangely diesel is more expensive here in the UK.

Comments

moig_fml 0

BAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAahaaah epic fail. how do you even fix this problem once the deed is done?

LOL #23 totally made me laugh right out loud in my cubicle...awwww damn

#75 You can actually safely mix some gas with diesel if I'm remembering right. As long as the majority of the tank was diesel, you shoulda been fine.

imhawaiian 0

Oh damn dude better hope your tank was empty

I'm in Canada and I drive a diesel car... I regularly drive to WA too. Diesel used to be cheaper but then last year, it rose up higher than gas. When the gas prices dropped, diesel dropped too and is now cheaper again. Here, the gas and diesel pumps seem to be the same size but I noticed in WA some diesel ones are too big for my car. I figured it's for the big trucks since those are usually along the highway or smaller towns but if I'm careful enough, I can still fill my tank even though the nozzle doesn't fit. Good thing you came out in time to see your wife filling it still or it would have been bad when you drove away!

kevinsadrummer4 0

you should beat your wife J/K

secretlife22 0

wow, just like the saying: "stupid is as stupid does.."

Are you married to Jessica Simpson? I hope she is hot atleast.

TheNameless_fml 0

Wow. Has she ever pumped gas before? >__<

Don_fml 0

Wow... how many of you D*****bags that are cappin' on his wife even know the difference between diesel and gasoline? How many of you just know you're not supposed to do that? How many of you treat your cars as if they were magic go-buggies that never get any maintenance? It sucks that it happened, it sucks that his wife didn't know she wasn't supposed to do that, but thankfully he caught her before the car was started. All it'll require is a drain and refill. Give the poor woman a break, ignorance is not stupidity.