By proud parent - 21/05/2016 16:03 - United States - San Antonio

Today, my two year-old has learned new things from his best friend. His best friend is our dog. He's learned to eat dog food, lick people, and now he's started taking off his diaper to lift his leg and pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 492
You deserved it 1 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On the bright side, you now have hilarious stories to tell his future romantic partner when he brings them to meet you.

How does this have upvotes? All kids mimic animals. It has nothing to do with parenting. My kid barked at the doorbell at that age. I run a daycare and deal with a lot of kids. I currently have a two year old in my care, and just yesterday he was laying on the ground next to my dog, mimicking my dog. The dog would roll over, the kid would roll over. It's what kids do. The peeing thing is weird, that I'll admit, but the rest is normal two year old activity and shouldn't be used to judge parenting.

Comments

Wait till he learns to lick his balls.

katjohn11 6

He desperately needs baby human friends.

Does he greet other kids by sniffing their bungholes?

You can't be offended if someone calls him "a son of a b*tch" anymore

People are weird. "More human play dates" and "spend more time with your kid"... Kids just do weird shit. I had human playdates ALL the time when I was that age, yet I still mimicked the dog. We all did. Some kids ran around acting like what we were told dinosaurs acted like. Others were lions or horses or dogs or cats or whatever animal we felt like pretending we were. Kids also put all kinds of things in their mouth. Back when I still had kibble fed dogs, we caught my brothers (who also had tons of human play dates) snacking on dog food and, once, the youngest gnawing on a pig ear. Kids get out of sight once in a while. People aren't perfect. Life isn't perfect. No one seems to get all pissy when they see pictures of kids covered in marker ink or finger paints. Do you really think the adult sat there and LET them make a mess of themselves? More often than not, the kid got into the markers unsupervised. As adults, we try not to let the kids get out of sight to put themselves ind anger or get themselves in trouble, but I don't know any perfect people.

wordygirl 11

If he's able to do all that surely you can teach him to sit on a potty chair. I believe the kids ready now.

My parents have a picture of me staring our dog down over his bowl of food when I was maybe 9 months old. They made a point to show it to my college boyfriend the first time they met him!

randybryant799 20

So are you correcting him or just complaining. Cause he's not going to stop unless you teach him.