By Anonymous - 08/03/2013 11:29 - United States - Charlottesville

Today, my teacher read my story about a haunted house for a class assignment. She liked it very much and turned it in to the office to be sent into a state writing competition. An hour later, I was called to the office where the guidance counselor called my work "disturbing" and said I "need help". FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 282
You deserved it 2 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Consider that validation that you indeed wrote a good horror story. Props to you, oh demented one!

I would exorcise your right to publication, otherwise this ghoul is in trouble

Comments

LO388 7

You're forgetting his story about evil rainbows and murderous kittens: Bones in the Litter Box.

tw416 6

I bet they said that about Stephen king as well...

They like to say that about genres that they don't like. I had a teacher in high school who said that Stephen King will probably never become a classic because we were talking about books that are considered classics. He was so wrong. Stephen King is already a classic!

History is filled with misunderstood creative & brilliant people. Point that out to the school counsellor.

perdix 29

#23, don't I know it?! It's the story of my life! ;)

perdix: somehow I feel as though if there WAS a story of your life, it would involve questionable amounts of ****.

Come on, we all know Perdix uses motor oil.

perdix 29

Your teacher didn't need to turn your story into the office to enter some contest. She said she liked it to prevent you from slitting her throat and gutting her like a fish before a SWAT team could be called in to do a pre-emptive strike on you, you sick bastard!

Everyone who wears a head scarf is the same. Conor wears a head scarf. Conor's an assassin. Noor wears a head scarf. We can therefore conclude Noor is: A) an assassin; B) the child of a Mohawk woman and a Templar; C) able to perform technically possible but improbable fears of strength and endurance D) has an adorable kitten; E) all of the above; F) none of the above.

Guidance Councilor: The job for those who want to work in a school but think teaching is just too darned positive and nurturing.

Do you even realize what guidance counselors do?

Yes, they're the ones who say "no you can't" after the teachers tell kids they can be anything they want to be.

Not all guidance counselors are like that. The ones I have encountered have all been very supportive. If you've had bad experiences with guidance counselors, I feel bad for you - but don't generalize and look down upon a group just because of your experience with a small portion of them.

Agree with 59. They're the ones that continue telling you 'you can be whatever you want to be' but then they also show you how to actually do it. They're pretty useful if you can utilise them properly.

Shadow_Phantom 26

It's a haunted house story... what the **** was she expecting? FYL.

skyeyez9 24

I would say that is a compliment to how scary your story was.

perdix 29

In my high school, there was this dork that would write these lurid, detailed sex stories about him and the cheerleaders at our school having orgies. I remember one was called Candyland. Now, that guy was disturbed! Even more disturbed: His fan base.

skyeyez9 24
perdix 29

#65, nah, the highest I got was about #412. Considering there were only 1200 students at the school, he had a pretty good following. Too bad he didn't take advertising, he coulda made a fortune.

skyeyez9 24

The school weirdo in my class used to stare at me while he stuck safety pins into the skin of his arm and fasten them shut. I appreciate a little "weirdness" in people as it makes life more interesting, but this guy was way too creepy.

Don't feel bad OP. Some people love disturbing. Look how successful the Saw movies were.