By Angus - 17/09/2015 19:48 - France

Today, my son had a secret party. At first I was mad, then I had a complete and total Incredible Hulk meltdown when I realized that he had opened a bottle of very expensive whisky, originally bottled by my great great grandfather in Scotland, and used it as a mixer with fucking Pepsi. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 020
You deserved it 2 666

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As much as it won't replace the sentimental value in the slightest I would get him to pay for two or three times the value of the whiskey, and generally make his life hell for a while

Bright side, no jury in the world will convict when this goes to trial for murder.

Comments

I would have lost it to so I don't blame you

Woah, watch out! We have a grammar nazi on the loose!

I bet this grammar nazi is scrolling through all the comments *to correct everyone.

kitsuneluvuh 12

Holy shit dude, I hope you seriously punished your kid.

Baguette666 12

Murder is enough! Whisky is one of the best alcohol around plus the sentimental value and this dumbfuck kid mixed it... it's already a crime to mix old whisky but it's even worst here

Okay, I understand how mad you are. But maybe if he knew the value of the wisky, he would not have used it. I don't know if you explained that is was very valuable and you were attached to it sentimentally. But if you didn't, how could have he known? Tell him how it hurts you and why he shouldn't have done that. He will probably feel guilty and apologize.

I don't know about you, but I ask my parents if I can use things before touching them, you know. He doesn't have to go on a full essay on why his son shouldn't touch his belongings, that should be common sense. Plus if he had a "surprise party", I'm sure he didn't ask for permission to throw a party in the first place and probably didn't care much about the value of Op's stuff.

My parents raised me to respect other people's property and to not throw parties without permission.

Voted "your own fault" because even if it was a secret party, you should have explained about the value of the bottle long ago, it was in the family for generations, not arrived by mail yesterday. And that part with Pepsi or even if it was Cola - who should have taught the kid some sense of self preservation? You!

Yeah. Kinda sounds like the OP's kid is a douchey teen with no respect for his parents property in the first place. So even if he did know he probably just didn't care! I don't see how that's op's fault.

What in the world would possess you to think that just somehow in all these years the kid hasn't learned about a family heirloom?? And even if he didn't get "taught", he shouldn't be throwing a party without permission and he shouldn't be drinking without permission and he shouldn't be touching things other people bought. He knew damn well it was wrong. You. Don't breed.

chill99 15

Show him a photo of your great-great-grandfather so he can associate a face with what he just wasted. Sometimes just grounding isn't enough, so maybe if he can put a personal connection to what he did wrong, then maybe he'll truly be sorry.