By Anonymous - 30/11/2015 16:34 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my school's theater production was canceled. Not because of budget, but because my co-star fell in love with me and asked me out. When I pointedly declined, he refused to act alongside me since it was "awkward." Everyone's blaming me for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 016
You deserved it 2 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry OP! It's not your fault you didn't want to get into a relationship. Honestly, that's pretty immature of him if he can't be professional about this and just move on. It shouldn't all be blamed on you.

Comments

Badkarma4u 17

I can't check either box without your definition of pointedly. Some people when asked out, assume they are better than the person asking them out. So they behave as if the person is beneath contempt for having the audacity to ask them out, as if they would lower themselves to such a level. Some people are just nice about it, and make the person feel good for the offer, but politely decline. I hope you dont deserve it OP.

OP kind of reminds me of the movie mean girls. "It's not my fault you're in love with me or something." But really the "fell in love with me" and "pointedly declined" make me think OP thinks she's better than him. But still refusing to do the play is childish and unprofessional.

"Pointedly declined," as you pointed out, is suggestive. It's possible there was something in said decline that made it legitimately awkward for him to stand there with OP.

Ask anyone who blames you why they didn't offer to date him instead to save the play. You're never obligated to go out with someone. Never

As someone here already said, but it is worth saying again, you NEVER have to go out with someone. EVER. If you don't think that you want to spend time with the guy, then it would just be a waste of both of your times. He needs to deal with it, unfortunately, and everyone else needs to be reasonable.

serrymum 4

I'm glad I'm not at your school. If someone wasn't doing their shit right, they were kicked out and replaced. Didn't matter if someone else had two weeks to learn the part.

Drentiful 9

Talk about drama... Am I right?! Haha anyone?