By Anonymous - 30/11/2015 16:34 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my school's theater production was canceled. Not because of budget, but because my co-star fell in love with me and asked me out. When I pointedly declined, he refused to act alongside me since it was "awkward." Everyone's blaming me for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 016
You deserved it 2 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry OP! It's not your fault you didn't want to get into a relationship. Honestly, that's pretty immature of him if he can't be professional about this and just move on. It shouldn't all be blamed on you.

Comments

askullnamedbilly 33

Uh... how? Unless you laughed at him and ridiculed him in front of witnesses, I don't see why anyone would blame you for not wanting to go out with him.

I think your "Romeo and Juliet" needs work

corky1992 33

Does he not have an under study that can step up to the plate since he's too immature to go on with the show?

mds9986 24

He should stop playing around and quit the childish act. Especially when it causes such a scene.

I guess you could say he's acting up, tell him to stop playing around. Sorry

It was stupid of him to ask you out before a big play if he was aware of the possibility of rejection and the awkwardness that comes along with it. Don't blame yourself OP. This is totally on him!

GhostDuck 30

^This. Something tells me OP's costar didn't think that through... Either way it's so childish to call off the play and refuse to act alongside OP just because he got rejected.

FrankAnne 13

I just feel the need to point out that being asked out by someone doesn't mean they've fallen in love with you...

I assume that the guy is the one that told op he was in love with her. I don't think she'd write that unless he said it.

LuckBeNimble 19

you never know. maybe OP is actually really self-centered. they wouldn't be the first actor guilty of conceit right? but I guess the FML community does tend to side with the OP without knowing the whole story. that said, at least the drama students are dramatic right? Lol

If he was that hurt by the rejection then it's probably a safe assumption that he fell in love with her.

rapunzel13 11

Do you guys not have an understudy?

It's not your fault he's a baby who can't handle rejection. Sorry he ruined the play for you!

TeacherTeacher 11

Have you discussed this with the administration? You are not a fault for his reaction and anyone blaming you is blaming the victim. You should not be ostracized because he's immature.

Blaming the victim? She's hardly a victim - some guy asked her out, she said no, awkwardness ensued, that's all. Don't make someone into a victim when they're not, that belittles them.

@42 If other people are blaming the OP for the cancelation of their play because she declined to date the guy, then yes she is in fact a victim of childish people

No, she's only a victim if she decides to be one - she can also deal with it, stand up to it, report it, etc. If she does none of those, then yes, she's being a victim. You can be a victim or a survivor. That goes for anything in life.

countryb_cth 38

@56 I see you've never been bullied.