By mrWrong - 25/03/2009 01:20 - United States

Today, my rescue squad unit responded to a 911 call from a woman who felt she was going to pass out. We knocked on her locked door a couple times with no answer. Fearing she might be unconscious, I kicked in the door. She was about to open it and only passed out from the concussion I gave her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 536
You deserved it 59

Top comments

lol! Another mystery solved, boys! Good work!

Inspired22 11

Well, all you can do is the best you can! It should have occurred to her that if she called 911, she'd worry people by not answering right away...

Comments

shitfaece 0

Perhaps you should shout clearly before kicking in the door next time. I hope you warn others so they don't do the same.

Goober244 12

well at least you responded to her call, even if she is brain damaged now

Well, your life isn't farked, and you didn't deserve it. You were just doing your job. If I were that woman, I would have unlocked the door as soon as I got off the phone. If anyone deserved it, she did.

ghall 0

Its a good thing you were there.

TryToBeKind 0

Because it's THAT HARD to listen for noises from people coming to the door. It's not just FYL though, it's all of you - try paying better attention. Oh, and she's included in the FYL too because how hard is it to ACTUALLY SAY SOMETHING IN RESPONSE when someone knocks? She was clearly able to speak as she's the one who called you in the first place, she's the one who deserved the YDI trophy more than anyone.

sherbear23 13

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't hear people coming to the door unless they are undoing a deadbolt. Did it occur to you that they were probably outside also because he said house? There are lots of other noises outside that could contribute to not being able to hear her.

upsidedown03 0

well you just tryed to do your job - shit happens :-)

freddie_fml 0
almostouttt 0

I don't think you should feel bad . you didn't know .

couldn't she sue him tho? everyone is always looking for a chance to sue a cop.

#11, it's procedure to identify when you knock, and since he did that and got no response it's also procedure to break down the door. OP, you did the right thing, no worries. My dad was a rescue captain for 8 years and he would have done the same thing. It's her own fault for not at least responding with an "I'm here" or something.