By King_of_Cha0s - 15/09/2015 18:05 - United States - San Jose

Today, my PE teacher yelled at me for not trying hard enough in class. This my second week back after being in the hospital with a collapsed lung. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 002
You deserved it 1 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I take it you have one of those really obese Phy Ed teachers that take gym way to ******* seriously.

ourtneyc 14

Honestly if this was me I'd be like "Ok would you like to talk to my father?"

andrewwholocked 9

I had a collapsed lung almost a year ago. Tell the couch that you need to take it easy or it might blow again.

It always helps to tell the couch. What a softie.

You would think he already understood, were you not in this class prior too.

Recovery from a collapsed lung generally takes 1 or 2 weeks. A small pneumothorax in a healthy adult may heal in a few days without treatment. More serious cases (a larger collection of air) need careful observation and may need treatment. Sooooo. You should probably try harder.

LittleRed79 39

Hahaha! I love that your username is Coach!

Well, that the OP is in Gym indicates they are a child, thus a relapse could occur more easily. Plus they were in the hospital from it, which implies it wasn't a 'minor' case of it. There is also the whole "hole in lung" aspect which isn't exactly minor in ANY event, and yet the OP was participating as is. It isn't a matter of the OP not trying hard enough, it is a matter of a teacher who probably took the minimal science and health classes to get their teaching degree trying to shame a student into pushing themself into a possible relapse. Which is a very real risk when anyone who was injured or ill attempts to do too much too soon, and stress is very capable of causing a lung to recollapse. Yelling at a student isn't okay unless they are being completely irrational, if anything the coach should have spoken to him like he would the child's parent(s), which is to say in private and with some degree of privacy, instead of apparently thinking, "Durrhurr, child not listen, yelling fix!" Which is something that gym teachers especially are prone to thinking will somehow magically improve a child's performance, even when said child is already doing what they can. People like this ******** of a coach are why kids wind up hating school almost universally. Maybe instead of automatically assuming children are lazy or "not trying hard enough," teachers should actually do what their job entails, by asking what the issue is and working with the student on finding a solution.

andrewwholocked 9

When I had mine it required surgery and took six months to completely recover from.

You should get a doctor's note about not participating in any strenuous activities for the next while. I sure hope that will be enough to keep your PE teacher at bay.

Does your teacher know that? If so, he/she is a huge dick. :/ Hope they cut you a break soon OP!